Warning - 2nd Service.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

The above is due by the 30th of October for my CX3, so earlier this week, I rang to book the car in. Bit surprised to find that it couldn't be done until December, so I opted to take it to another branch 20/30 miles away. On reflection, I'm not really surprised given the circumstances, so I thought that I would just warn owners if they have a service due in the next few weeks. I suppose all dealers are different so the warning might not apply to some areas. Still, better to be sure!!! :cry:
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Would this impact the warranty I wonder? If a service date had expired with no service done and you had reason to need warranty work?? Just a thought...

My MOT had been extended to 13/11 due to Covid... I phoned my dealer 07/10 to book and earliest is 04/11! I realise I can book anywhere for an MOT, but I'm happy to let my dealer do it.

Good reason to book a couple of months early in these times!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

It did cross my mind after I made the booking, that I should have asked what affect it would have on the warranty if I waited until December. I will ask the question when I take it in and post the reply when I get home.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I found out a couple of years ago that you have to book at least 6 weeks in advance for a service.
When you're having a service based on miles (where you do more than 12,500 miles a year) it becomes more difficult to calculate when it would be due. As I've been doing anywhere between 50 & 600 miles a week I was quite please to get my last service within 500 miles (under) of 75,000 having booked 6 weeks previously.
If you don't do more than 12,500 miles a year there should be no excuses for missing the service interval.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

This raises an interesting point that must occur to many CX3 owners shortly to end their 3 year guarantees. Many owners, including myself have done little more than 2000 miles since march-thus a late service doesn't matter a hoot unless of course Mazda insist the third and final "guarantee"service is carried out before the end of the 3 years?
My guarantee ends in March and service and mot is due then. I wonder if the dealer might be too busy to do the service but not too busy to do the obligatory MOT?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
santa

Post by santa »

Dogfuzz wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:39 am This raises an interesting point that must occur to many CX3 owners shortly to end their 3 year guarantees. Many owners, including myself have done little more than 2000 miles since march-thus a late service doesn't matter a hoot unless of course Mazda insist the third and final "guarantee"service is carried out before the end of the 3 years?
My guarantee ends in March and service and mot is due then. I wonder if the dealer might be too busy to do the service but not too busy to do the obligatory MOT?
Mazda has 1 year (or 20,000 km / 12,500 miles) between services, so you should have your third service when the car is 3 years old, at the latest.
So it shouldn't matter if you've only driven 2,000 miles since march.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

santa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 am
Dogfuzz wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:39 am This raises an interesting point that must occur to many CX3 owners shortly to end their 3 year guarantees. Many owners, including myself have done little more than 2000 miles since march-thus a late service doesn't matter a hoot unless of course Mazda insist the third and final "guarantee"service is carried out before the end of the 3 years?
Mazda has 1 year (or 20,000 km / 12,500 miles) between services, so you should have your third service when the car is 3 years old, at the latest.
So it shouldn't matter if you've only driven 2,000 miles since march.
👍
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I know that during the last lockdown, Mazda UK said you could get a service done once dealers were back open and it wouldn't effect warranty, however additional mileage must not have exceeded 1875 miles over normal scheduled servicing. If a customer couldn't get a repair done and the warranty ran out, a claim to Mazda UK would need to be made for approval with each case being be looked at individually.

The car advises you in advance that a service is due, and with the current situation, I think it's important to call and get it booked in as soon as you get the reminder.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd