i-stop not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Had my car laid up for 3 weeks and put the battery on charge the night before I was due to use the car. The chareger is a CETK start / stop charger i.e. designed for my car. The i-stop facility has not worked since and I have completed a number of non stop 30 mile runs. I have a plug in voltage monitor and it registers a voltage whilst the engine is running of 14.2 volts, and when stoped 12.69 volts. The Engine Management showes the engine icon with a blue halo and the air con icon with a blue halo, but the battery has no blue halo and it displays "Not Ready" in the window. Is anyone else having problems with their i-stop facility. I realise that the i-stop facility relise upon many conditions being met but I'm puzzled about the battery not being up to the required 80% charged condition, the car is only just over 2 years old and only 8,000 miles on the clock.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

When I first got my car from new it took weeks before my istop started working. Just ignore it and it it will start when it's ready. What is the saying " a watched kettle never boils".
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Thanks for your reply, and low and behold today after I had posted the problem yesterday, and nearly 3 weeks of use after the car being laid up for 3 weeks, and a recent number of over 30 mile runs, the i-stop is now TODAY back to working again !!!!!!!!!!!!, a halo around the battery !!!!!!!. So following your comments I shall just leave it, and await for the car to bring the i-stop facility back in it's own good time, I'm now a wiser CX-3 owner thank you.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I just had a word with Father Christmas and asked him to send you the istop :lol:
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

There seems to be an i-stop complaint post most months!.....please, just what are the ideal conditions when it will work and when it definitely won't? .....and is it's varying behaviour purely a Mazda oddity ?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Dogfuzz wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:39 pm ...please, just what are the ideal conditions when it will work and when it definitely won't?..

Have a read of this chart: https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_ ... 08900.html
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Thanks jtonline, I will study in detail over the xmas break!
Happy New Year
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

don't get me started on this.
I wish I had not seen your post, but have to reply, like I have in the past on this long topic.

I have given up on it, as far as I am concerned my car does not have I Stop, and then I can move on.

Over Christmas I did 2 return trips to London, in excess of 180 miles each way, both were turn around and return journeys, so 360 miles in the space of 8 hours. I stop still does not function. battery was replaced under warranty, but made no difference.

Sorry to be negative about this feature, but try to forget it and move on. I have tried, but failed.......
LOL
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It is very interesting to see how it varies from car to car and the conditions which it may or may not operate.
If I pull up at traffic lights and put my foot hard down on the brake it works, but even with HOLD on, if I take my foot off the brake the engine starts up. Then if I put it in N (mines auto) iStop cuts back in again. It is also interesting to note that on many occasions when the engine is cold and/or the AC is on full iStop will operate when my foot is pushing down on the break peddle.
None of this really bothers me, I live my life and IStop lives it's own. Sometimes we meet and sometimes we don't. It is what it is and it certainly isn't worth worrying about, especially at the moment when we should all be staying at home.
ivan@raf

Post by ivan@raf »

My CX3 is three years old, I've had it from new. In all that time apart from the warning LED coming on in cold weather and on two occasions BRAKE suddenly appearing in the head up display for no apparent reason I have seen no sign of it being there. I too have given up on it and assume it's not fitted. Similarly I have never found any way to switch off the LDWS beep and just leave rumble. I just live with it. These are my only complaints with the car and I still regard it as the best car I've had in sixty years of motoring.
09/17 CX3 2.0L petrol Sport Nav 5dr. Manual. Colour ceramic. Getting 39+ mpg