Strange Exhaust Sound When Stationary

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Caz

Post by Caz »

Hi All,

New CX-3 owner here and my first Mazda. 2019 Sport Nav Auto, purchased a month ago, recently services. Loving it so far, but one issue: the left-hand (passenger side) exhaust makes a gurgling/rasping sound when the car is stationary. It's not linked to the 30 seconds of accelerated warm-up noise; it happens after that. I've posted a link below to a video of the sound. During the video, I am shifting between Drive, Reverse, Neutral & Park, and it seems that the sound occurs during the following:

Drive/Reverse - (handbrake on), foot on brake = no noise, foot off brake = noise

Park/Neutral - (handbrake on), foot on or off brake = noise

The video is as follows:
0:00 - 0:35 accelerated warm-up noise (normal)
0:39 - 0:58 exhaust noise
1:01 - 1:11 exhaust noise
1:17 - 1:28 exhaust noise

It's pretty loud. I first noticed it when my other half was parking the car around 150 feet away! It still happens when the blue engine coolant light has gone off, and happens both at the beginning & end of journeys, regardless of outside temperature. Is this normal? Is this just how it sounds, or is something wrong? I am going to contact Mazda directly but just wanted to see if anyone has any info before I do.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

That is NOT normal and requires it to be looked at under warranty.
mel_kin84

Post by mel_kin84 »

My CX3 is making noise from left exhaust when stationery. Doesn’t happen all the time and garage can’t find a fault?