insurance renewal

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 pm Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
thanks dan :)
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

fourbanks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:41 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:05 pm
fourbanks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm
thanks. is that a good sign or a gimmick would you know? is it of benefit to the consumer? as i say I'm paying £550 per year. if you think its worth it then I'll stay with Mazda

Luckily I've not needed to test it out for real and fingers crossed it stays that way :) It is aimed for anyone insured other than via Mazda, as with a Mazda Insurance you'll get all those benefits included. I'm insured with LV= and would be hit with the £400 additional excess using anyone other than a LV= chosen repairer, but if the damage was excessive it may be worth going down the Mazda First route in my case to ensure the quality of repair etc etc.

Somehow I did manage last year to get a Mazda First excess return voucher which was valid for 12 months. Would have refunded up to £200 of the normal excess paid to an insurer when making a claim.
Luckily I've not needed to test it out for real and fingers crossed it stays that way :)
lets hope it stays that way
I used Mazda First when somebody with a trailer reversed into and scratched the rear of my stationary car. I was either with LV or Direct Line at the time. The service Mazda First provide is superb, but I'm not sure how other insurance companies view them. They make their money by charging the third party insurers exorbitant prices for the work carried out and the costs of a hire car. I would use them again if I was claiming on third party insurers, but probably not if it's my own insurance.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

I've used Mazda Insurance for my CX-3, paid £411.00 in December 2020, was 77 years old at time but remember i'm in Cornwall which i would assume makes quite a difference in costs.
2018 CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Black AWD
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Just been quoted £328 for renewal with LV including business use. Still going to look at comparison sites as it's only a saving of £8 over last year.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Just changed from LV to Aviva and paying £286 including limited business miles and full breakdown cover (excluding European travel :lol:) via Compare the Meerkat.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.