Updating sat nav system

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Hi, Can i update the maps on the cars system without throwing approx £99 at Mazda for the privilege. I dont think the previous owner had updated the maps with the free update that was to be used withinthe first 3 years. Ive put the SD card in my PC but it requires me to pay to update. Also is it possible to get live traffic updates on the system as ive just been to Norfolf and back and there was roads closed and awful traffic jams which the system did not alert me to..Thanks.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav

Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

You can. Although it is illegal. Searching https://www.mazda3revolution.com/ may give you a heads up. There is user to PM and ask for help; Filmi or something close.

On the other hand would you prefer active voice re-routing, together with a variety of alternate routes to choose from as faster routes become available? If so, look at installing Android Auto - again on the same site - so you can use Google maps or Waze. Two ways of installing AA depending on the software you have installed. Below 59.00.502 you can install software to give you an unofficial AA experience. That's what I currently use. Or you can shell out varying sums of money to get a USB upgrade to allow the 'official AA' version.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Being able to use Google maps or Waze would be a big advantage, I'll have a look and see what softwere version is installed. i've seen the USB upgrade but dont want to start pulling the dash apart, I will have a look at the software update, Thanks
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
artibani42

Post by artibani42 »

ciao a tutti ho un problema con ilnav mi dice in caricamento ho cx-3 2018