Phone contacts

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

Hi,
When I picked the car up the salesman set up the Bluetooth phone connection but later I noticed that no contacts beginning with N or M had synced. I unpaired the phone and tried again but now I only have A-D and G and cannot work out how to import the rest of my numbers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or any advice on how to solve it

Software version is 51

Phone is HTC one m8 running android 5.0.1
Soul red D 2wd manual sport nav

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I’m on iPhone 6 and it seems OK.

You don’t have to authorise the phone to download the contacts by any chance?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

It does say I may have to but there seems to be no way of doing that and it imports 77 contacts anyway, I'm totally stumped
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus is pretty good at computerish things. He'll look in soon.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

Bump!!!

Still can't figure this out, any help appreciated

Cheers
Duke

Post by Duke »

Might be a long shot, but can you determine if there is something common about the contacts that don't transfer, are they stored in the different areas on the phone?, are they sim contacts and the ones that transfer are phone contacts?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Have you ticked the auto download contacts, I have a iPhone 5s and a windows phone, it downloads all the contacts each time I make a connection. Otherwise it may be a android problem?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

I've now had time to try my wife's iphone and all her contacts synced perfectly. I then copied all my contacts to an old android phone and tried that but it wouldn't sync any numbers at all. Tried my own phone again this morning and unbelievably almost all the numbers synced only E, I , N, U and Z have contacts assigned but haven't synced and only I has anyone I ever need to ring so I guess I can live with that.
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

Although I've now realised that not all the entries for each letter have imported!!!!!!!!
CraigBrighton

Post by CraigBrighton »

I have the exact same problem with my android phone (Sony Xperia Z2) I wondered if it was just SIM contacts, but I don't think so as I copied some around and it made no difference.
It also won't read out incoming text messages (It notifies me and asks of I want it read out, but fails to connect to the phone to do so)