CX3 Fuel pump recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

My Mazda CX-3 is booked in to RRG Mazda Stockport Manchester on Monday 24 January 2022 to have the Low Pressure Fuel Pump replaced. It looks like quite a big job as the Pump is contained within the petrol tank, made more difficult because my car is an AWD "All Wheel Drive" model first registered 04 September 2018.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack

captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Checked VIN on Mazda site which confirmed my vehicle is included in the recall.

Spoke to main dealer where it has been serviced, he said it would be March/April time as the CX3 is in the " 2nd phase", think he said that MX5 was in 1st phase...

Job takes 1 to 1.5 hours apparently.
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

mine also just now confirmed. I've sold the car but the changeover to my new one won't be until April at the earliest with my local Toyota dealer
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
TAX

Post by TAX »

The recall affects 529,964 vehicles worldwide, 148,651 of which are registered in Europe. The model series affected are the Mazda2 (DJ/DL), Mazda3 (BM/BN), Mazda6 (GJ/GL), Mazda CX-3 (DK), Mazda CX-5 (KF), Mazda CX-8 (KG), Mazda CX-9 (TC) and Mazda MX-5 (ND), from the production period October 2017 to May 2020.

https://car-recalls.eu/mazda-fuel-pump-recall/
That will explain why mine (purchased Sept. 2017) has not been recalled.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

TAX wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm
The recall affects 529,964 vehicles worldwide, 148,651 of which are registered in Europe. The model series affected are the Mazda2 (DJ/DL), Mazda3 (BM/BN), Mazda6 (GJ/GL), Mazda CX-3 (DK), Mazda CX-5 (KF), Mazda CX-8 (KG), Mazda CX-9 (TC) and Mazda MX-5 (ND), from the production period October 2017 to May 2020.

https://car-recalls.eu/mazda-fuel-pump-recall/
That will explain why mine (purchased Sept. 2017) has not been recalled.
how you can screw up the likes of this part beggars belief. I've had many recalls over the years and none were found to be applicable other than just to go through the motions of replacing the part in question
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

My vehicle is currently booked to have this done by dealer on a date offered by them of 9/3. It conveniently and ideally coincides with annual service and statutory MOT. Dealer has advised that fuel pump may well not have arrived by then-so it looks like 2 visits to dealership ( an hour+ away) one to have the MOT and service done, then another to have the recall work undertaken. Two lots of courtesy cars and 2 days inconvenience.
Lets see what happens-If pump turns up--great-but if not ,might also now diary to have service and MOT done by very local nearby independent garage in march --then dealer can do recall work whenever the parts turn up....april ? may? june? july?
The joys of car ownership!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Griff1963

Post by Griff1963 »

My CX3 is in the garage now, after breaking down again. Every week I've had a starting issue due to the faulty fuel pump. The breakdown guy said he had been called out to at least 3 others with the same issue. Now I have to wait for the dealership to argue it out with Mazda to see who will cover a courtesy car for however long it will take to fix. I couldn't work out why it kept breaking down and had a smell of petrol in the rear. I'm lucky it didn't stall while driving on the motorway. Could have been nasty. Nobody can give a straight answer as to when they new of this recall.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

I took my CX-3 into the dealer today expecting the recall work to be carried out, however it was just to identify that my vehicle was affeted and it is, which I had already verified on the Mazda link by inserting the vehicle VIN number. So I now have to wait untill approx March / April for the recall work to be carried out. After reading the last submitted comments re the car constantly breaking down I hope that it doesn't happen to me !!!!!!!!.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Ed1943

Post by Ed1943 »

Confirmed my CX3 requires replacement pump - just contacted my local agent Vospers Truro and booked in for work to be carried out mid March (thats if the parts arrive in the UK by then, there on back order apparently). Enquired what happens if existing pump gives up before then, was instructed to contact Mazda main number (Mazda UK 03457 484848 ??) who I assume will instruct a recovery company to take car to local dealer and arrange a courtesy car. I can't say i'm over the moon with the last bit as would have expected local dealer to collect/arrange courtesy car and contact Mazda. Fingers crossed pump doesn't fail in meantime.
2018 CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Black AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The likelihood of it actually failing is probably quite small. The pumps that have impellers made from low density material have been in use since about 2013.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd