CX3 Fuel pump recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As I understand it, the pumps have been supplied (to Mazda and other car manufacturers) for years before the potential for micro cracks in the plastic part was discovered. I think the chance of failure is very low, hence the advice to keep driving the car until a replacement pump can be fitted.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

i never got my recall notice for this pump and have now sold my car. i'm now driving a Toyota Corolla hybrid which has the same pump. Hopefully its new stock and will trouble free for a few months
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
endoboy

Post by endoboy »

Call from garage today Car booked in 6 June for fuel pump replacement Hopefully 😉
CX 3 Sport Black+ 120 Machine Grey Auto
idavies1

Post by idavies1 »

Mine is booked in for May 26th :D
2018 Sport nav. Blue.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Don’t turn up with a full tank of fuel; run it down low before you go.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

All done and dusted!! I got the call just after I'd just filled up, so it went in with a tank 2 thirds full! All seems to be ok with the same amount of mileage left, according to the readout, so not a lot of spillage!!!
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Got a letter from Mazda UK advising to book my CX-3 in for the Fuel Pump recall work to be carried out, now booked in on the 27 June 2022, the service representative advised to make sure that the Petrol Tank must not be more than a 1/4 full.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
Dangerdave

Post by Dangerdave »

Got it done today.

When I picked it up, there was a smell of petrol and I am sure the fuel gauge went down from 2/3rds to just under half.

No one mentioned not letting the fuel run low, nor mentioned they’d lost quite a bit doing it.

Took £60 to fill, so I’d think £20 of fuel gone.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

I was well informed that I must make sure that the tank was no more than 1/4 full which I made sure it was. No loss of fuel on the pump replacement, however even though it's quite a straight forward job just the removal of the rear seat base and reoval of a floor panel to gain access to the pump, however because the car has to be tilted to give better access to the replacement of the pump, if more than 1/4 tank of fuel exists then it will pour out as soon as the pump is removed hence the need to drain the tank if more than 1/4 full. So a message to anyone awaiting for this recall to be carried out MAKE SURE YOUR TANK IS NO MORE THAN 1/4 FULL PRIOR TO THE JOB BEING CARRIED OUT.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

Our CX3 is booked in for 5th August for the pump recall - as ihcmazda says above - they mentioned to make sure fuel is low before the job, and also we might be able to smell petrol for a couple of days afterwards...
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.