CX3 Fuel pump recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

jtonline wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:04 pm
Don Rose wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:45 pm Pump will be fixed even if out of warranty just had mine done in Bolton. From what I can gather there’s around about a 10 year period for safety recalls.
Quote from the DVSA's Manufacturers’ Guide to Recalls in the UK Automotive Sector "...It must be remembered that as far as the producer and/or distributor is concerned the Safety Recall stays open indefinitely and a customer’s recall work should be undertaken free of charge regardless of the length of time that has elapsed after the notification letter. DVSA and the producer and/or distributor aims are to achieve the highest recall response rate possible. Ideally, this would be 100%; however there are a number of factors that can prevent this..."
And should really include regardless if the vehicle has full dealership service history or not, As Mazda UK like to use to refuse claims.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

still nothing from the dealer
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Mines going in tomorrow, 11th March 22.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Mine was due to be done on 9/3. It didn't happen.
I rang dealership 8 weeks ago who booked and scheduled the recall work ( in conjunction with a service+MOT) . To DOUBLE check-I rang dealership day before on 8/3-who once again confirmed all that we had agreed two months earlier with a clearly listed scheduled job sheet ( including the recall work) and they looked forward to seeing me on the 9th

9/3-On arrival was told there were no parts available, "Mazda haven't got as far as the CX3s yet."
So--just had the MOT done for the time being. Dealer said they'd contact me when the recall part was available.

I'm in touch with the dealer on this attempting to clarify communication issues and customer expectation.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Like I said previously, Mine was due for replacement on 11th March. I duly turned up, only to be told that the part hadn't arrived. I was informed by text, but the problem was that the phone number they had for me was wrong, so I never got the message. Rebooked for 16th of May!!!!! Hope the fuel pump lasts that long!! :(
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

The service advisor I spoke to last week said that they were currently working on CX5s "at the moment"--the CX3s "will follow". I have asked the dealership to contact me at their convenience to arrange to have this done. Fine by me as long as I don't get exposed to fuel pump issues in the meantime
I had a VW Golf around 15 years ago which had to have a new fuel pump. If I recall, it took a day for VW to work out/diagnose why I was experiencing sudden mini engine hiccoughs followed by near stalls. If I experience this in the CX3 -I'll know what I'm in for again!
captaindave

Post by captaindave »

I chased up my local dealer about the fuel pump recall - they DO have the pumps now apparently, but are still waiting for "Gaskets" that are also needed for the job.
2018 CX3 SE-Nav Petrol, manual , Soul Red.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Keep wondering if this recall is a crashing bore for dealers or a commercially juicy “come on in” for all sorts of
other bizwoz?
Wass

Post by Wass »

Our CX3 was booked in for April 6th fuel pump. Cancelled at no notice. I was wondering, how many miles will the cars do on the old fuel pumps?
2018 CX-3 SE-L NAV 2l auto fwd,white
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

There must be 1000’s of us waiting for this recall?..has anybody had it?….has anybody suffered fuel pump issues?…who has had a notification from Mazda to get it “done”….Quite frankly what the hell is going on?