Have I bought a dud?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Samiam

Post by Samiam »

Hey, Newbie here in search of much needed advice...

Mid Nov I bought a used 2016 1.5 diesel cx3 from a main dealer with only 10k miles on the clock. Same dealer had originally sold the car and serviced it, then first owner sold the car back to the garage as they 'didn't need it during lockdown'. Not sure how long it's been on the forecourt but I reckon it was a while. Anyway, the car test drove perfectly and I emptied my wallet for it. Dealership sold it with brand new service at 10080miles.

All was well for the first few weeks, then got covid so car was sat for 10 days. A day or two after I started driving again the dpf light came on during a long journey. Called the dealership and they booked it in. The dealership btw is about 40miles from my house. They sorted the issue and gave the car an oil change which I questioned as it had literally only been serviced a month before. They patronised me by saying 'try to give it a longer run sometimes'... Errr.... Yea, OK love, I'll make sure I do lands end to John o groats a few times a week! Oh, and dpf light came back on again on the way home.

I do a mix of driving to be honest. No journey is less than 10mins, I take it steady until the blue temp light goes out and then my right foot gets a little heavy. I do 40+mile journeys at least 6 times/week on A and B roads with very little stopping (times of day I drive are not heavy with traffic so nearly always free flowing).

This time last week dpf came on again, spanner, and engine check light too. Car has been struggling to go up hill (limp mode?). Checked oil at home and the level is so far beyond max it's unreal!! Stopped driving it as don't particularly want the engine blowing with 2 kids in the car!!

I've told garage they need to recover the vehicle as it's not safe to drive and they're refusing. Car is still under warranty and I have put less than 2.5k miles on it.

Question is, is it reasonable to believe my driving is at fault here; or is the car a damn dud?? Is it safe to drive to dealership or should they be pulling their fingers out their bums to help me? Help and advice much appreciated! TIA

Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

If it was me-I would still be keen for the dealer to help me out . The vehicle is clearly not operating properly and you are experiencing abnormal mechanical behaviour apparent not only soon after delivery but once again after an attempt to rectify an obvious fault. Not good enough. Give them a chance to properly sort it especially as I assume it was sold with some sort of "guarantee".
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Samiam

Post by Samiam »

Dogfuzz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:38 am If it was me-I would still be keen for the dealer to help me out . The vehicle is clearly not operating properly and you are experiencing abnormal mechanical behaviour apparent not only soon after delivery but once again after an attempt to rectify an obvious fault. Not good enough. Give them a chance to properly sort it especially as I assume it was sold with some sort of "guarantee".
Thank you. I mentioned the word 'ombudsman' to the garage and funnily enough, they've arranged for it to be picked up.

Will give them a chance but got a bad feeling it's going to be one of those cars 😬