Rear Parking Sensor Pushed in

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
cyanstar

Post by cyanstar »

I've just been out to my car and was greeted with a set of beeps. 1 long beep followed by 4 short ones. I believe this is an indicator that there is a fault with the parking sensors. I hopped out and check and I saw that one of the sensors had been pushed into the bumper by about half a centimetre. There's no damage to the bumper so I'm putting it down to the high winds I've been having near me.

Can anyone provide instructions on how to access the parking sensors so I can push it back into place? Is it as simple as just laying under the back of the car and pushing it into place? Do I need to go at it from within the boot?

I'm hoping that I don't need to completely remove the bumper. (I'm not a mechanically inclined person but willing to give it a go :lol:)
CX-3 1.5D SE-L NAV 2015 Soul Red - UK

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's likely to have been something that's pushed the sensor from the outside, not the wind. You won't get to it through the boot. You might be able to reach up under the bumper, I've never tried for a parking sensor but did reach the back of the foglamp that way once.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
cyanstar

Post by cyanstar »

I was able to sort it out. turned into a quick 5 minute job once I looked under the bumper :lol:

I removed a plastic bar which sits at the bottom under the exhausts. It was held in with just 2 push pins. This gave me enough room to reach up and push the sensor back into place. It had a very subtle click then it locked in. I've since tried pushing it back in and it doesn't budge.

Noticed quite a few of the push pins had scuffmarks from previous removal on them. I'm wondering if the bumper was removed at some point before I got the car and the sensor was just never pushed in properly.
CX-3 1.5D SE-L NAV 2015 Soul Red - UK