Keys locked in car!

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Wife unlocked our car with the driver side door 'button', opened the drivers side rear door and put her handbag (with keys) onto rear seat whilst putting another item on the floor behind the drivers seat... then closed rear door... realised she needed to retrieve her bag so went to re-open the rear door but the car had - strangely - auto locked! No beeps, no indicator lights flashing. Luckily this was at home and I was able to unlock the car with my key, but not before trying various permutations of trying to open a door/boot with my key out of range - to no avail I might add.

Anyone had a similar experience? Perhaps it's a one off never to be repeated? Weird?! :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Can happen when keys are placed too far away from transponder which picks up the signal from keys.

More likely to happen when battery needs replacing in key.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

MJC1216 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:17 pm Can happen when keys are placed too far away from transponder which picks up the signal from keys.

More likely to happen when battery needs replacing in key.
I checked the manual re transponder and there's 2 - front and rear of car so the entire interior is covered, as for keyfob battery, it's the only thing I can think that's the problem - although it was changed 12-18 months ago so perhaps is due for another change?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...