Creaky Seat?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Recently, I have noticed the drivers seat on our 2016 Mazda 2 has started creaking. No, I have not been putting on the timber! I only weigh about 12 stone, so it’s not a load issue. I believe the seats in the M2 and the Cx-3 are the same. Has anyone else had this problem and have you managed to fix it? It seems to be coming from the lower part of the back rest. I know there have been TSBs for older models where the springs and seat frames used to rub and squeak. That was cured with some electrical tape. The creaks are most noticeable when the seat moves, like when going over potholes, bumps or dips and when turning. Now I have heard it, I can’t unhear it!
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.

Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Now this is funny. Yesterday morning I noticed that my drivers seat was creaky , not all the time, but when I shifted or when going over a bump etc.
The cure yesterday was to turn the radio up. Maybe the atmosphere has been so dry recently that the seat positioning mechanism is suffering?
Am thinking of spraying the mechanism with a squirt or 3 of WD40 but I’m not optimistic.
I know it’s not serious, but it’s the kind of niggly noise that can rapidly bring on paranoia!
I wonder if JTOnline has any ideas?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Dogfuzz wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:57 am ...I wonder if JTOnline has any ideas?
No, sorry, I don't. Not got that problem with mine.
I did have an annoying rattle from the passenger seat when unoccupied and travelling on rough roads. The seat vibrates laterally and I cured the rattle by putting some black foam padding between the seat squab and the centre console.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Jammyh2

Post by Jammyh2 »

Hi, I’m aware this thread is slightly old now but I also have a Mazda2 (2015), Sport nav with the part leatherette seats. They have the same squeak described here; difficult to replicate by wriggling in the seat, typically caused by bumps in the road and the resulting shift of body mass. It’s beginning to irritate me, was wondering if anyone ever found a solution?

Thanks!
TEB

Post by TEB »

Have been getting occasional creaking from the divers seat of our CX3 Sport, which I've traced it to the side bolster rubbing on the seatbelt buckle receiver. Found however if I push the receiver backwards to its rear stop once strapped in, this appears to fix the issue.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual