Traffic announcements

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Gus

Post by Gus »

Had a play today and if you use the commander when the screen is up you can cancel ok if the screen has gone just press the Nav or Entertainment button cancels the TA and takes you to whichever button you pressed.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Gus wrote:I get them all the time, now I worked out that you need the red glow on the soft TA switch, which means when you select TA with the commander switch it comes up with the tip "TA off"
Can this be clarifed as I'm certainly failing to set mine correctly. Having now done over 1,500 miles in various traffic conditions - and through some significant hold ups at times - I've not heard one peep of a traffic announcement. Radio has been set to FM Radio 1 which should have the TA ability, although I'm often listening to tracks on a USB stick instead unless the sound is being muted. I'm assuming the mute setting would be overriden by a TA? I've tried changing the TA from OFF to ON using the commander switch, but only briefly get a red glow whilst changing the setting but it is never constant.

EDIT1: Had another look this morning and have now sussed out the reverse logic :D Got my first 2 TA during a 20 minute drive !!! It worked when on USB as expected, plus when the volume was set to 0. Not sure if it will override mute setting, like speed camera warnings do - one to check on next drive.

EDIT2: Checked out mute setting and glad to find it does work as I hoped i.e. traffic announcements do override setting but reverting to mute afterwards. For information of new users.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I finally got mine working :)

And the 'cancel' button works if I don't want that particular announcement....
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

how do I adjust the "pre-set" volume for the TA function?

Its currently far too loud :(
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Greenman wrote:how do I adjust the "pre-set" volume for the TA function?

Just decrease the volume during a traffic announcement (with the radio volume knob down by the handbrake). It will remember your chosen volume for subsequent announcements.
Use the same process for sat nav directions, if you adjust the volume whilst an instruction is being given.
Last edited by jtonline on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added bit in brackets for clarity
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

jtonline wrote:
Greenman wrote:how do I adjust the "pre-set" volume for the TA function?

Just decrease the volume during a traffic announcement (with the radio volume knob down by the handbrake). It will remember your chosen volume for subsequent announcements.
Use the same process for sat nav directions, if you adjust the volume whilst an instruction is being given.

Mmm - that's what I assumed and that's what manual says....but it didn't seem to work...more fiddling and testing...which means more driving :)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

still can't get the TA announcements to play at a lower volume :(
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Until recently I had no problems. When TA was switched off it stayed off, but now I get the unwanted announcements regardless of whether I have set TA on or off and cannot stop them. They override both the mute button and the steering wheel mounted volume control at it's minimum setting, which can be very distracting.

I can start the car, set TA to OFF and still the announcements come. Sometimes touching CANCEL on the screen works and sometimes not. I have got used to de-activating I-STOP before every journey. Must I now do the same with TA?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It's all so complicated nowadays. It used to be so easy before traffic reports and the internet, if you came to a halt you knew there was a traffic jam and waited until it moved. Nowadays you wait for a traffic report that tells you of a possible problem and then decide if you want to take a detour. You take a detour and find everybody else did the same. So you detour to the B roads and get stuck in even more traffic. Then you get told by a traffic report or your sat nav that the original traffic has cleared (no wonder, everybody has taken a detour) so you head back to the route that you started on and realise that if you had more patience you would have been 20 miles further up the road. Love technology! :lol:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I've found out how to disable what to me and my wife are the thoroughly annoying TA announcements ( ie switch off or on-easy) but why is it please that even when switched off the red glow on the info screen continues to illuminate....any clues anyone?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018