Traffic announcements

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I have now had my car one month and in that time I have not heard any traffic announcements. I have enabled TA and listened to the radio on both FM and DAB to no avail. Is it me or the car, am I missing something?
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

Gus

Post by Gus »

I get them all the time, now I worked out that you need the red glow on the soft TA switch, which means when you select TA with the commander switch it comes up with the tip "TA off"
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Yep working for me on Friday on FM, didn't get any for over an hour on DAB though (requires more investigation I think).
As Gus says the TA "button" needs to be glowing read, the words all seem a bit counter intuitive when you scroll along.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Gus

Post by Gus »

It does appear to work best on BBC, just set it to BBC radio 1 and you will be ok :D oh ok any BBC station local or national.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

It works. Reverse logic!! Now how do you cut it short once the prompt has disappeared?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Jeez, you get it working, now you want to shut it up :D simple answer don't know, let me know when you find out please.

I have noticed one thing though, it sometimes starts and then stops it itself, not sure what causes that.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Gus wrote:I have noticed one thing though, it sometimes starts and then stops it itself, not sure what causes that.
I think that's down to the radio station transmitting the signals at the wrong time.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

IWRA wrote:It works. Reverse logic!! Now how do you cut it short once the prompt has disappeared?
Now that's a question I've been puzzling over. I would expect when I hit cancel during a traffic broadcast that it would take me back to the station I was originally listening to. Doesn't seem to happen though.

If you get this one sorted out please let us all know.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I get one of 2 separate pop ups when a TA comes through, but none of the 4 options selected on either terminates the announcement and I have to listen to it all. It would appear the only way to shut it off is via the TA button. See page 5-54 of the manual.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Here are my findings after having a few TA's today whilst travelling to and from work:

(Software version 56.00.230)

When listening to DAB radio, but on the Navigation map screen, I was able to cancel a TA before it had finished by pressing the Entertainment button (musical notes icon) next to the handbrake.

When on the USB1 music screen and a TA came in, the only option on the screen was Cancel, and selecting that did cancel the announcement & returned to playing the music.

When on the DAB radio screen and a TA came in from another station,, selecting Close just closed the TA announcement message on screen, selecting Cancel did cancel the TA and returned to the radio station I was tuned to.

I've not had a TA where the announcement message on screen has closed prematurely by itself. Sometimes TA's last a bit longer than they really should, but that's down to the radio station not sending the finished flag signal to the transmitter as soon as the announcement is over.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd