acceleration power loss

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
max_ap

Post by max_ap »

gattorosso wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:29 pm I've experienced the same power loss on my CX-3 1.5 diesel, a few times. in the beginning the engine warning light was off till yesterday when all warning lights have turned on. I was driving quite fast on motorway and the risk of collision is been very high.

After a fast research on the various Italian and then European forums, look that the problem is very common and surely not due to the brand of the fuel.
in Italy about 10% of the vehicles with this engine have the problem. the Mazda customer service speaks about the fuel filter and filter support defected but many user after the installation of modified kits are still having the same problem.

Someone got an official answer from Mazda service UK?
I'm having this problem on and off for a couple of years, Now I have 3 times in 3 weeks. No power on acceleranting, after a while lot of amber warning lights (electionics, not engine related), impossible to shift with paddles and the car change gear pushing them hard in, engine in protection at 30 or 60 kph.
Changed fuel filter just to give a try but didi it again. Anyone has found out what is it?

Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Can’t see the year of yr car on post-but if it’s relevant-I wonder if you are suffering fuel pump failure and can apply for the free recall fit?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
max_ap

Post by max_ap »

Dogfuzz wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:58 pm Can’t see the year of yr car on post-but if it’s relevant-I wonder if you are suffering fuel pump failure and can apply for the free recall fit?
My car is 2018 and still on extended warranty. After a year of not doing the problem, it did 4 times in 10 days. All 4 times were in the mountains (around 1500m elevation), 3 times on a flat after going up, and the other time just on a flat.
I have to bring the car to Mazda on the 24th of August(!) but they did a diagnosis and there are no significant errors in the ECU.
They think it may be the (not sure if it's the right word in English) a dirty supply manifold or the turbo that goes crazy in some occasions.... I just don't understand why restarting the car it goes ok.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Have you had the fuel pump changed?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
max_ap

Post by max_ap »

Dogfuzz wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:35 am Have you had the fuel pump changed?
No, it's not in the recall for fuel pump and the dealer didn't even bring it up that can be related.
After 1 year since last time, the problem in the last weeks come out only at higher altitudes (mountains).