acceleration power loss

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
camaz

Post by camaz »

Hi has anyone had a fault with a CX3 Sport 1.5 diesel where by when you are accelerating at speed the acceleration has been dead? This has happened to me about 12 times since I got the car from new end of December? I thought it might just be the cold weather but it happened last week when it was a fine day. What has happened is I've been accelerating going through the gears and then the accelerator goes flat. I was in 5th Gear going about 55 and the car engine doesn't cut out but it loses acceleration power and got stuck at 43 mpg and then went down to 23mpg. I had to drive home at 23mpg for 2 miles and then suddenly it corrects itself. It is very dangerous as it has happened when I've been on a motorway and I've suddenly had to pull into the inside lane and put my hazards on! I have told Mazda who have done a diagnostic check on it and unbelievably it hasn't come up as a fault. They have test driven it and of course it hasn't done it which as an intermittent fault I wouldn't have expected it!

I have asked the dealer to raise it with Mazda as to what the solutions are as I don't want it to take me having an accident before they do anything. He says they might put a black box in my car and then when it does it I press a button, whilst of course dealing with all the traffic around me!
Anybody had anything similar or recommend how I can escalate this so they take it seriously?

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

If you are running it on supermarket diesel, stop.

Put a tank of high grade diesel in it and after that use only branded diesel.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

As someone who used to work on refineries I can tell you supermarket fuel comes out of the same tanks as branded.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

rockposer wrote:As someone who used to work on refineries I can tell you supermarket fuel comes out of the same tanks as branded.
It does indeed, then the additives that prevent the build up of sticky residue and carbon are added.
Deleted User 406

Well I know enough about the process to argue the toss but I won't ;-)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Perhaps a fault with i-ACTIVSENSE Adjustable Speed Limiter :?: (Page 4-134 of Owners Manual)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
camaz

Post by camaz »

Thank you everyone. Not sure its the limiter as intermittent fault and I would have thought it would have done it consistently? The supermarket idea is interesting but I have always but in diesel from supermarket, could it really do that? Has anyone else had issues with diesel from supermarket? Has anyone insisted on Mazda swapping their car for another one cause of safety issues?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I don't want to argue either but after many years of dealing with blocked EGRs and turbos, I can say that supermarket diesel does cause a problem. Whether owners choose to believe it is up to them. This is ESSOs take on high grade diesel

Deleted User 406

Bit much saying what I choose to believe. After over 12 years in the petrochemical business I know what I'm talking about and certainly don't need an advert from Esso to sway my opinion. I've never had an issue running a car on supermarket diesel neither.

Still.......................mustn't grumble!
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

So back to camaz.

You can believe what you like but you need to do something. Take it back and see what the dealer says.