acceleration power loss

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Didn't think it was a fuel issue

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I wish I had a pound for every Fuel filter I’ve changed. Must be hundreds honestly
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Number of fuel filters changed over various cars = 2

Had one issue years ago which was actually a gasket.
Basher

Post by Basher »

I have just had this issue last week. Wont accelerate but car doesnt stall. Dealer had it and has changed the fuel filter all now OK. Have to say that in 19k miles i have done in my 1.5 cx3 diesel, it has had 3 fuel filters and a modified fuel filter housing replaced due to various issues. Not feeling confident once warranty runs out.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

What's the underlying reason for it to have had 3 fuel filters?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Basher

Post by Basher »

Started with a noise which was coming every 20-30 seconds for about 4 seconds duration and it went in to the dealer and they changed the filter and ok for a few months. Then started again and when it went in that time they changed the filter and filter housing for a modified one and they also said there was a fault with the injectors and they had to go away. This time suffered power loss and they have changed the filter again.
My previous car was an Astra and i suffered a similar noise and they ended up changing the fuel lines and filter before resolving it. Both times dealers have said its the high pressure fuel recirculating back to the tank causing the issues. Not sure if thats true.
gattorosso

Post by gattorosso »

I've experienced the same power loss on my CX-3 1.5 diesel, a few times. in the beginning the engine warning light was off till yesterday when all warning lights have turned on. I was driving quite fast on motorway and the risk of collision is been very high.

After a fast research on the various Italian and then European forums, look that the problem is very common and surely not due to the brand of the fuel.
in Italy about 10% of the vehicles with this engine have the problem. the Mazda customer service speaks about the fuel filter and filter support defected but many user after the installation of modified kits are still having the same problem.

Someone got an official answer from Mazda service UK?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Firstly I would say that the noise doesn’t have any ill effect. Mine did it occasionally but I just ignored it.

Secondly, the quality of fuel really does have an effect on injectors, EGRs and DPFs. There are those that will argue that all the tankers fill up at the same terminal and that is true but at that point the additives go in and they make the difference. Branded fuel is more expensive because it costs more but it causes less issues than supermarket fuel.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
bogdanandronesterca

Post by bogdanandronesterca »

I have experienced also the loss of power, it started at the beginning of the cold weather after the first night with below freezing temperatures. No warning light on the dash, only the occasional loss of power from time to time, and then it was happening more often. After researching this issue on the web I decided to change the fuel filter which has solved the issue.
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

bogdanandronesterca wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:30 pm I have experienced also the loss of power, it started at the beginning of the cold weather after the first night with below freezing temperatures. No warning light on the dash, only the occasional loss of power from time to time, and then it was happening more often. After researching this issue on the web I decided to change the fuel filter which has solved the issue.
This is more likely to do with diesel becoming stickier at colder temperatures and gumming up the fuel filter. During the winter months it’s worth adding a litre of petrol to a full tank of diesel. This acts as a solvent and creates what is sold in northern climates as winter diesel.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.