Stains on alloy wheels

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

That looks like a scratch to me.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Yeah, that is what dealer said, but when he could not feel any damage to the wheel or coating he had to admit it was a defect. So just pay extra attention when cleaning you pride n joy. I bet wheels ain't cheap.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Mazzmix

Post by Mazzmix »

Hi I had the same problem on my 15 plate cx3. Sent photos to dealer who replaced all 4 wheels under warranty.
Now having power loss problems when accelerating through the gears it lasted for about 7 miles then jumped back into life. No fault registered been at Mazda garage all week they have road tested car clocked up over 150 miles but unfortunately for me the power loss did not occur. Collecting in the morning wish me luck at junctions. (Sport nav 1.5 diesel.)
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Stay away from supermarket diesel.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Have checked this thread for a similar problem. Just wanted to check if anyone has noticed their locking wheel nuts and normal wheel nuts rusting. The nuts on all four wheels have rust on them to various degrees. Also noticed there seems to be some black coating on the wheels that is coming off. It is around the edge of the wheel rim, not sure if this is something to do with the tyre or the wheels?
Rich

Post by Rich »

We have just had all four wheels changed under warranty. Dealer took photos and sent them to Mazda, next day we were told they would be covered. Then had to wait three weeks for new wheels to arrive. They told us they have changed about 20 sets so far but haven't had any that they have changed come back. Mazda didn't seem to mind that one of the wheels had been kerbed.

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Chemical Guys web pages supply several good quality wheel cleaners and coatings for diamond cut alloys.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Hello all

Second Service carried out at RRG Mazda Stockport. Great Service as usual. Mentioned some corrosion on my Alloy Wheels and was delighted to hear Yes, three would be replaced under Warranty. Front Right spotless no signs of corrosion, yet! Funny only Three!!
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic
Basher

Post by Basher »

Hi
I had to take my 65 plate CX3 in for the diesel software upgrade and asked them to have a look at the 2 rear alloys as they had white marks on them (the black and silver 18" wheels). As its nearing the end of its warranty i thought i would be fobbed off but after they took pics and submitted them to Mazda they have changed the alloys for new ones. So maybe persist with your dealer. Must say my dealership in Gateshead (Hodgsons) have been good to deal with
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Hodgsons got the 2 front alloys changed on my 65 plate Mazda 3 fastback at 1 year old. Started to show signs of spidering from the rear of the spokes. Are you putting new tyes on as well.... I said😂😂
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey