Stains on alloy wheels

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

mum@mazda wrote:...I noticed several areas on the wheels where brake dust was accumulating. Does anybody have a recommendation for a product to remove this? I have used autoglym wheel cleaner on another car, but have suffered lacquer peeling and expensive powder coating repairs, so am reluctant to use this cleaner again...
Hi mum. Perhaps genuine Mazda accessory WCLP-CC-05009A :?: "Works effectively against road dirt and brake dust, without damaging even delicate aluminium rims", allegedly.

Surprised that you have had issues with Autoglym in the past.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

You do have to be very cautious with alloy wheel cleaning products due to the very nature of the ingredients. Don't leave it on for very long and ensure the wheel is rinsed thoroughly.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Think that was the issue, left it on too long. Tried to do all at once instead of 1 at a time. Lesson learnt, but bit more cautious now. Elbow grease might be best product available and then a wheel wax.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

I just got some Collinite based on this review:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessorie ... ulator-wax
I ran my offside wheel against a high kerb and took a slice out of my alloy (Grrr!), this stuff should give some protection against water ingress, grime and brake dust, it remains to be seen but worth a try!
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Collinite is superb weak and will protect your wheels but waxing wheels is a soul destroying task.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

Hi,
All i use is warm water with car wash added, i clean my wheels each week with a good quality wheel brush so i never really allow the brake dust to build up. I am retired so have plenty of time to do these things.
stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

Hi Chaps/ladies,
Had all four alloys replaced under waranty today. It has taken nearly 2 months but i suppose thats good considering that the dealership
has in the last month moved lock stock and barrel to new premises. The second time i went to the dealers i spoke to the guy in charge of the warrenty issues and he agreed that there was a fault after inspecting the wheels and finding that the laquer was perfect and that there was no stone chips on the alloys. So i am a happy bunny. Grand as 'owt.
This is a good forum, thank you for the postings.
Stew.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

stew.pan wrote:Hi Chaps/ladies,
Had all four alloys replaced under waranty today. It has taken nearly 2 months but i suppose thats good considering that the dealership
has in the last month moved lock stock and barrel to new premises. The second time i went to the dealers i spoke to the guy in charge of the warrenty issues and he agreed that there was a fault after inspecting the wheels and finding that the laquer was perfect and that there was no stone chips on the alloys. So i am a happy bunny. Grand as 'owt.
This is a good forum, thank you for the postings.
Stew.

Thanks for the update
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Good news! I'm glad to hear Mazda have sorted it.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Just to re fresh this thread really, and to remind you guys to check your wheels. I noticed a slight stain on mine too. Initially the dealer was not able to find the damage, but once pointed in the right direction, agreed on a warranty claim. Just waiting to get it replaced now, wheel arrived appointment made. Result. The key point is no damage to the surface coating, so it must be manufacturing defect.

IMAG0233.jpg

CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015