DPF warning flashing

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I had a run on the motorway today, some 20 miles since the 1st service last week. The DPF warning light came on. I rang the garage when I got to my destination. They asked if the car was running ok, which it was, told me to carry on and bring it in for a check. The car has only done 5,400 miles in 12 months, a lot of which has been motorway driving.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Supermarket diesel?
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

No Esso
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Ask them exactly what oil spec they used. It seems a coincidence so soon after service.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I was thinking wrong oil spec too, anchorman, but would that have clogged up the filter in such as short time? The OP doesn't say whether or not the warning light is still on.

If the light has gone out after continued driving; is it feasible that the last few regeneration cycles never fully completed (short journeys perhaps)causing the light to come on, but the system has now completed a regeneration and the filter has cleared?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Don't know JT but this is my last diesel engined car. I'm sick of it regenerating and guzzling fuel - it was only 140 miles on the last one so every time it gets towards good fuel consumption it just knocks it back. It also hisses me off that manufacturers are allowed to quote fuel consumption that doesn't include regens. 54mpg my left elbow.

OP, you can force a regen rather than them do it if they try to charge you.

I would be interested in duty level too. My car gets some city driving but it gets a good run on the motorway and the hills and it still regens for fun.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

i don't understand why anyone doing less than c12k miles pa would even consider a diesel?
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

They say it was a faulty sensor. They haven't fixed it only reset it. They want it back for further investigation. To be continued.

My last 2 cars were diesel. I tried a petrol model but far preferred the performance and fuel efficiency of the diesel.
Gus

Post by Gus »

This is my first petrol for many years, did a 400 mile trip today broke the 10k barrier, had a bit of fun with sports mode around silverstone, the roads around the track not on the track :) and it tells me I averaged over 50mpg for the trip, yep I am getting used to the petrol now and enjoying it in the process
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've never noticed mine doing a regen., although I assume it's doing them. The car's done almost 10K miles.
My journey to work and back each day is about 20m each way, mainly on A class road. I'm consistently getting average 47mpg between tank fills, which may not be amazing, but it's more than I got from my last (petrol) car.

I hope they get your car sorted to your satisfaction soon IWRA.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd