Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
steve67

Post by steve67 »

jtonline wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm Can't help you with why that's happening. By design, i-stop will not restart the car if the bonnet is open or the drivers seatbelt is undone and the driver's door is opened, but other than that it should restart.
the car is driven in stop start traffic, so the istop has always been useful , in the previous 2 mazda2's we had, we have not had a problem...so we know how its works and know the system, just puzzling why it wont restart when depressing the clutch,( i wanted auto :lol: ) i'll try the reset and get it booked it, we've only had it 12wks..

cheers
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

Gus

Post by Gus »

I wonder if this is worth a try? If you have a car battery charger, put it on charge until the charger indicates it is fully charged, then take the CX-3 for a run and see if iStop kicks in almost straight away.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Not so sure putting one of these batteries used in istop vehicles on an 'ordinary' charger is a good idea??? (might be completely wrong but reading reports online a specific charger is needed).
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Gus

Post by Gus »

I have Ctek mx5 which has a AGM mode, so it wasn’t a problem, just I know a some folks have had issues with iStop until the battery had a good charge up. I know you drive a distance each day but iirc one member of the forum found his iStop kicked in after a 200 mile journey.
If you had been a bit closer I would have happily landed you my charger.

Never mind just a thought :) 👍
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

hi,
i don't have a battery charger, i have tried the reset but this hasn't worked,
i'm actually off work tomorrow and having a drive of 100 miles or so .....so i'll see what happens.
as stated before , we have had 2 mazda2's and never had a problem like this, not restarting after an istop, could cause an accident....

cheers
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

If you go to the Economy Monitor in the Applications section of the MZD (as per the photo on page 1 of this topic) do the icons give you any indication on whether the issue is the engine, battery or A/C when the i-stop won't restart? What about the second screen?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I don't think it will turn out to be a battery issue, because i-stop wouldn't stop the engine in the first place if the battery charge is low.
Perhaps it's not i-stop that's stalling the engine? I think we'll have to wait and see what the garage says.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:15 am If you go to the Economy Monitor in the Applications section of the MZD (as per the photo on page 1 of this topic) do the icons give you any indication on whether the issue is the engine, battery or A/C when the i-stop won't restart? What about the second screen?
I'll get the Mrs to look on the way home at the istop screen..
steve67

Post by steve67 »

jtonline wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:36 am I don't think it will turn out to be a battery issue, because i-stop wouldn't stop the engine in the first place if the battery charge is low.
Perhaps it's not i-stop that's stalling the engine? I think we'll have to wait and see what the garage says.
Most likely......
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

WP_20180924_16_35_47_Pro.jpg

It would be interesting what if any message the Economy Monitor is giving you apart from it being in i-stop mode. I recreated different scenarios and the pictures are as attached.

WP_20180924_16_35_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20180924_16_36_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20180924_16_36_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20180924_16_36_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20180924_16_36_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20180924_16_36_57_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.