Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

One way to stop the i-stop is to have a draw on the electrical system or having the air-con on. Even with just the heater fan on 3 is enough on mine! to cancel i-stop! Presumably the CPU detects the demand and opts to keep the alternator and therefore the engine, running!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

Kris

Post by Kris »

Też mam ten sam problem ze kontrolka akumulatora się nie świeci i jest niegotowy mimo to że przejechałem kilka set kilometrów. Ale ja się tym nieorzejmuje i to jest jedna z niewielu usterek z których się cieszę, bo niewiem czy wiecie ale iStop skraca żywotność całego silnika. Pozatym te wibracje przy ciągłym odpalani samochodu podczas iStop są irytujące. Wiec się tym nie przejmuj niejestem z tym sam. ;)
Last edited by Kris on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kris

Post by Kris »

iStop ma dodatkowy wewnętrzny kondensator / akumulator, który odpowiada za właściwe i poprawne działanie systemu iStop, więc tam tkwi problem....
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Kris wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:17 pm Też mam ten sam problem ze kontrolka akumulatora się nie świeci i jest niegotowy mimo to że przejechałem kilka set kilometrów. Ale ja się tym nieorzejmuje i to jest jedna z niewielu usterek z których się cieszę, bo niewiem czy wiecie ale iStop skraca żywotność całego silnika. Pozatym te wibracje przy ciągłym odpalani samochodu podczas iStop są irytujące. Wiec się tym nie przejmuj niejestem z tym sam. ;)

iStop ma dodatkowy wewnętrzny kondensator / akumulator, który odpowiada za właściwe i poprawne działanie systemu iStop, więc tam tkwi problem....
For the benefit of English speaking owners (using an online translator):-

I also have the same problem with the battery indicator does not light up and is not ready even though I traveled a few hundred kilometers. But I am irresponsible and this is one of the few faults I am happy with because I do not know if you know but iStop shortens the life of the whole engine. In addition, these vibrations with the continuous firing of the car during iStop are annoying. So do not worry about it, I'm not alone with it. ;)

iStop has an additional internal capacitor / battery, which is responsible for the proper and correct operation of the iStop system, so there is a problem ....

Kris,

To jest angielskojęzyczne forum. Jeśli angielski nie jest językiem, w którym możesz mówić / pisać, możesz umieścić swoje komentarze przez tłumacza przed opublikowaniem,

Dzięki

This is an English speaking forum. If English isn't a language you can speak / write, can you put your comments through a translator before posting,

Thanks
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

the best thing is to turn it off as that's what most people do. its not needed and just a EU regulation for a so called environmental benefit which cant be proven.
if it was a so called environmental benefit then cars would be fitted with led lights throughout and not halogen which waste energy. there's a lot of spin today on cars and is a minefield to get a car that can deliver on a car without shortcomings.
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

As I have said many times before, turning iStop off every time soon becomes as natural as putting on your seat belt, but I still wish that the default position was for the silly gimmick to be "OFF" rather than "ON".
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

zoylander wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 am As I have said many times before, turning iStop off every time soon becomes as natural as putting on your seat belt, but I still wish that the default position was for the silly gimmick to be "OFF" rather than "ON".
Fully agree but the meddlers in the EU think they know best.
switchback

Post by switchback »

fourbanks wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:07 am the best thing is to turn it off as that's what most people do.
How do you know that? I leave mine on all the time and just let it get on with the job. Never had a problem with it or a reason to turn it off. I'd rather the engine stopped when sat in stationary traffic outside a school or in a town centre rather than choking everyone with fumes.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
santa

Post by santa »

switchback wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:50 pm
fourbanks wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:07 am the best thing is to turn it off as that's what most people do.
How do you know that? I leave mine on all the time and just let it get on with the job. Never had a problem with it or a reason to turn it off. I'd rather the engine stopped when sat in stationary traffic outside a school or in a town centre rather than choking everyone with fumes.
Totally agree.
Mine has worked flawlessly for over 3 years (110,000 km) now.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

well it depends on who you take note from with regards it being on or off and how the public worldwide feel about it. my findings from the true experts who actually work on cars day in day out would prefer it in the default position of off
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition