Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

What message are you getting that tells you the istop has failed?

Mine regularly tells me it is “not ready”, usually just after start up or when I am running several electrical circus such as heated window, air con or heated seats. All quite normal.

mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

It just never operates, even after a 40 mile straight run with nothing unusual on, ie AC or heated seats. If I check the app, it is always the battery that is not blue. It just says not ready.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

If you or your dealer ever discover the cause of your iStop's failure, please let me know so that I can permanently disable mine. It is nothing but a nuisance.
Last edited by zoylander on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

mum, just speculation but it sounds as though perhaps your battery isn't holding sufficient charge, or the i-stop current sensor attached to it is faulty. I wonder if your dealer will supply a replacement battery?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

zoylander wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:35 pm If you or your dealer ever discover the cause of your iStop's failure, please let me know so the I can permanently disable mine. It is nothing but a nuisance.
I agree.

To me it's just an annoying gimmick that saves hardly anything in fuel and has nothing to do with the invioronent. Today's cars are fitted with catalysts for that reason.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I also agree if manufactures fit istop they can claim lower emission figures for there vehicles. That being said it is annoying if you have a feature on your car that doesn't work as it should. Although the istop works seamlessly on mine.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
steve67

Post by steve67 »

starting up an old thread (no pun intended).
My wife drives our cx3 99% of the time. im being told that the istop works, well it turns of the engine but it is not restarting it...and my wife has to restart using the start stop button.. any ideas what could be causing this? i will be taking it in to the dealers but just looking for a heads up on any fault..

cheers
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Can't help you with why that's happening. By design, i-stop will not restart the car if the bonnet is open or the drivers seatbelt is undone and the driver's door is opened, but other than that it should restart.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Steve 67
Some time you may need to reset the i stop. press and hold till you hear 2 beeps, look on the dashboard for the yellow i stop logo , then you are good to go.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

SOMERS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:25 pm Steve 67
Some time you may need to reset the i stop. press and hold till you hear 2 beeps, look on the dashboard for the yellow i stop logo , then you are good to go.
I'll give it ago tomorrow . Cheers...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020