Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The Economy Monitor will show whether it's ready to go into i-stop or not, but Steve's wife's car is not coming back out of i-stop, and there should be no reason why that's happening apart from the conditions I've already stated.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The Monitor also seems to highlight numerous issues. I was wondering if it would do so in this circumstance and what it does display if anything different to i-stop in operation.
Last edited by HouseSpider on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:15 pm The Monitor also seems to highlight numerous issues. I was wondering if it would do so in this circumstance and what it does display. If anything different to i-stop in operation.
hi,
the screen just displays all icons highlighted and say's ready., never had or seen any other info like in your pictures....

I'm off for a drive in it today so i'll see what happens.....
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Ok had a run out yesterday and the car restarted 3 out of 5 times the istop was activated... Today it's not restarting and also getting the message... Stop car in safe place.....so booked in at dealership .. the earliest date is the 12th October..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Just for info... Does the engine turn over and not fire or does nothing happen at all? (I'm going to assume nothing happens as it's the ignition that turns the crankshaft on istop restart rather than the starter motor)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
steve67

Post by steve67 »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 pm Just for info... Does the engine turn over and not fire or does nothing happen at all? (I'm going to assume nothing happens as it's the ignition that turns the crankshaft on istop restart rather than the starter motor)
Nothing happens.....the trouble is that its intermittent, hopefully its has some fault codes stored on the ecu...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Out of interest where does the message "Stop car in safe place " come up? In the Economy Monitor where I get all the other information?

At least the car is recognising there is a problem. Don't forget to take a picture of the message to present to your dealer just in case you cannot recreate it for them.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

My Mrs was driving at the time... The message appears on the HUD...
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Just an update.. the dealer has checked the car for any faults... No codes stored or found but have rest the istop and smart city brake systems.... So see how we go.
T23GUE

Post by T23GUE »

Our i-stop ‘stopped’ working for several weeks. Dealer checked it and told us batter is 65%. They did a full charge and i-stop initiated. It was left to me to ask ‘why is the battery on an 18 month old car at 65% when it is used every day and this week allone has made 3 long motorway trips without lights/air con or heated seats. They agreed to my request to check alternatot output ‘if it happens again’
Robert