Mazda CX-3 iStop - problem or no problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Deep cycle is the term used for stop start batteries and this charger is designed especially for it;

http://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/index. ... duct_id=53

My info is for the 2.2 diesel but you can have a read.......
I stop control.pdf
(197.84 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Yakuu

Post by Yakuu »

Thank you kindly :) That is a very good charger there, much better one than mine. Will need to get this one here.

Just an update, suddenly the iSTOP in my car went from NOT READY, to READY... but... well... iSTOP still not working lol
2016 - Soul Red - Mazda CX-3 2.0 AWD Sky Passion - Petrol - ArmRest - Navi - Chrome Fittings
Gus

Post by Gus »

That's the charger I have, I also got a quick connect, which is hard wired in, makes it easy to charge. I think that comes from having a motorbike that I leave connected pretty much all winter long. http://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/index. ... duct_id=77
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Yakuu wrote:Thank you kindly :) That is a very good charger there, much better one than mine. Will need to get this one here.

Just an update, suddenly the iSTOP in my car went from NOT READY, to READY... but... well... iSTOP still not working lol
You know you have to press the brake firmly and the wheels need to be near enough straight ahead? If you load the steering wheel that will stop it working too so loosen your grip on the wheel or even let go when stationary.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote:That's the charger I have, I also got a quick connect, which is hard wired in, makes it easy to charge. I think that comes from having a motorbike that I leave connected pretty much all winter long. http://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/index. ... duct_id=77
Yes, I've got the umbilical hard wired too ;-)
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

anchorman wrote:
Gus wrote:That's the charger I have, I also got a quick connect, which is hard wired in, makes it easy to charge. I think that comes from having a motorbike that I leave connected pretty much all winter long. http://www.smarterchargers.co.uk/index. ... duct_id=77
Hi guys, I'm missing something here. Why on earth do you need a charger for a car with a new battery? My iStop (much prefer iStall) seems to function normally although I have to admit there are times it doesn't stall - not a big deal.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

alanandlyn wrote:
anchorman wrote:
Hi guys, I'm missing something here. Why on earth do you need a charger for a car with a new battery? My iStop (much prefer iStall) seems to function normally although I have to admit there are times it doesn't stall - not a big deal.
I was thinking the same. If you've a dodgy battery already I'd be taking a trip straight back to the dealer.
Yakuu

Post by Yakuu »

Well guys, I have to admit one thing. For the first time in my life, the car dealer was right lol

After reaching 850km (not a joke) iStop went into READY and now is working perfectly fine. Have to admit, when they told me that I should just drive and wait for the iStop to turn on, I was like "mehhh, bull$hit" but huh... guess they were right.

If you ask me if I have done anything special to get it working, the answer will be NO. Just charged up the battery, checked the connections, the wiring, the density of the electrolyte, made 850km and pufff... suddenly the system turned itself on and is now working perfectly fine.
2016 - Soul Red - Mazda CX-3 2.0 AWD Sky Passion - Petrol - ArmRest - Navi - Chrome Fittings
MacDegsy

Post by MacDegsy »

I've read the whole thread and I'm more confused then ever. My I-Stop hasn't worked for the last couple of days but up til then it was working fine. It shows on the main screen as "Not Ready" yet "On". The comments about the distance travelled don't seem to correlate as I've only done 980miles.

Looks like I need to do some reading over the weekend to see if there's any info on why and how to get it back to Ready
MacDegsy
CX-3, petrol Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

why is everyone getting so agitated whether istop works or not?

I've done 3000 miles in my CX3 and the onscreen display tells me I've added a total of...

23 miles to my tank range in that time