Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Mrbluesky: I may as well copy and paste your comments as this is identical to my experience yesterday at Portsmouth Mazda. They cant look at my car for a week. A technician will view the car to do a fault finding analysis at a cost of £69, if a defect is identified that is considered to be a warranty item they will repair the car. My car appears to have spent a lot of time at the dealers recently for silly faults, “rear wiper inop, new ecu” now the air con blows warm air, it doesnt click on when you press the button, only the green “on warning light” comes on. I genuinely feel unimportant to Mazda now they have my £20,000, i am seriously considering selling up and going elsewhere., their aftercare is abysmal, and having now realised how big a known issue this is to Mazda im dissapointed at the response i have recieved from them. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DIRECT NUMBER FOR MAZDA UK CUSTOMER CARE?
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.

Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Knibbo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 pm Mrbluesky: I may as well copy and paste your comments as this is identical to my experience yesterday at Portsmouth Mazda. They cant look at my car for a week. A technician will view the car to do a fault finding analysis at a cost of £69, if a defect is identified that is considered to be a warranty item they will repair the car. My car appears to have spent a lot of time at the dealers recently for silly faults, “rear wiper inop, new ecu” now the air con blows warm air, it doesnt click on when you press the button, only the green “on warning light” comes on. I genuinely feel unimportant to Mazda now they have my £20,000, i am seriously considering selling up and going elsewhere., their aftercare is abysmal, and having now realised how big a known issue this is to Mazda im dissapointed at the response i have recieved from them. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DIRECT NUMBER FOR MAZDA UK CUSTOMER CARE?
Phone number easily found on their website

Shocking customer service from your Dealer on a known problem, especially as your car is just over a year old
My dealer couldn’t have been more helpful and I didn’t even buy the car from them!

They have to inspect it and get warranty approve, that’s SOP in every industry, to charge is not on
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Knibbo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 pm ....... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DIRECT NUMBER FOR MAZDA UK CUSTOMER CARE?
I don't have a phone number, one of these two e-mail addresses might be of use :-

customer_relations@mazdaeur.com
mmukassistance@mazdaeur.com
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:12 pm
Knibbo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 pm ....... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DIRECT NUMBER FOR MAZDA UK CUSTOMER CARE?
I don't have a phone number, one of these two e-mail addresses might be of use :-

customer_relations@mazdaeur.com
mmukassistance@mazdaeur.com
03457 48 48 48 between 09:00 - 18:00 Mon - Fri

Mazda Motors UK Limited, Customer Relations Centre,
Victory Way, Crossways Business Park,
Dartford,
Kent,
DA2 6DT.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Well it's my turn now, air con packed up last Thursday. I do have it booked in on 8th May for the rear parking sensors to be sorted and have asked them to add the AC to the list.. The AC on the MX5 is also playing up and spilling water onto the passengers feet. It's been doing it since 17th June last year. They told me that it had been fixed at the end of last year, but this is the first time I've had a chance to try it out.
Obviously dealers don't have refrigeration engineers working for them, so the don't have the knowhow or the experience to diagnose the problems apart from those on the CX-3 which is a known fault.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Knibbo

Post by Knibbo »

Thankyou guys for the contact Addresses and telephone numbers for Mazda CRC.
CX-3, Feb 2017, Soul, Sport Nav, FWD 120, Stone leather, Mazda Body kit, Belly pan front and rear, door sill strips and footwell lamps fitted.
flobbage

Post by flobbage »

Another one bites the dust !
A warm day in the north east so put the aircon on. not much seemed to be happening so set it to minimum and waited.
some time later i turned it off and no difference. the climate control had not been functioning for a while but i had decided that it could wait until the service. phoned my dealer ( Hodgsons newcastle) and explained the problem. i was told that i needed to bring it in and leave it with them,
was told that it could take a while so in the light of other members experiences i asked for a courtesy car. All booked for 15th may. here's hoping that it doesn't cost me anything as its under warranty.... will update after its been in
CX3 Sport Nav AWD Automatic Diesel Soul Red
45.5 mpg mazda display
43.2 mpg Honest john app
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Hi flobbage, what mmyy is your car. Having read some of the above , am now expecting my aircon to die a 6m old
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

flobbage wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:42 pm Another one bites the dust !
A warm day in the north east so put the aircon on. not much seemed to be happening so set it to minimum and waited.
some time later i turned it off and no difference. the climate control had not been functioning for a while but i had decided that it could wait until the service. phoned my dealer ( Hodgsons newcastle) and explained the problem. i was told that i needed to bring it in and leave it with them,
was told that it could take a while so in the light of other members experiences i asked for a courtesy car. All booked for 15th may. here's hoping that it doesn't cost me anything as its under warranty.... will update after its been in
Hodgson’s at their Metro Centre branch sorted mine out ok, so you shouldn’t have a problem
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
flobbage

Post by flobbage »

ptirving wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 pm Hi flobbage, what mmyy is your car. Having read some of the above , am now expecting my aircon to die a 6m old
registered Sept 2016
good luck
CX3 Sport Nav AWD Automatic Diesel Soul Red
45.5 mpg mazda display
43.2 mpg Honest john app