Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I just leave mine switched on all the time. Remember it's not just for cold air but it removes moisture and 'conditions'

p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I always leave mine switched on as well
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
Ju!

Post by Ju! »

So, our air con packed up 10 days ago and having spent an hour and a half at the garage this afternoon it's booked in for a new compressor on the 11th of October. Starting to be a common problem! Did get the car cleaned inside and out whilst I was there though which was a nice surprise. :D
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Ju! wrote:So, our air con packed up 10 days ago and having spent an hour and a half at the garage this afternoon it's booked in for a new compressor on the 11th of October. Starting to be a common problem! Did get the car cleaned inside and out whilst I was there though which was a nice surprise. :D
Yes it's always a surprise when the dealer washes your car, until you find out they use a sweeping brush
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

yes, this seems to be a common problem with the CX-3, increasingly it's a 'when' not 'if' situation!
Saidar

Post by Saidar »

Hi all, been reading through this thread all morning.

Yes - I found the forum by searching google for a specific issue - namely mazda, aircon, condenser - which is how I got here :)

I just thought I'd register and post a reply to let you know that the 2015-2017 Mazda 2's also have the condenser issue. Mine is going to be replaced in 2 weeks, and a colleague discovered this weekend on a trip to Manchester that his aircon doesn't work anymore either.

So that is 2 Mazda 2 cars without aircon in one parking area. I've seen a few others in the business park - I'm tempted to go ask their owners if they have aircon issues as well (we've had a warm spell for a couple of weeks up Newcastle way).
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Thanks for letting us know, appreciated.
Gus

Post by Gus »

just been to the dealer as my aircon no longer works, had the condenser changed October last year.

I am out of refrigerant..... there is a known issue where it goes through the firewall so they are going to replace the sealing washers which are known to leak for updated ones and whilst they do that they are going to replace the control panel.

so far on the HVAC system - condenser - control panel - sealing rings - evaporator? are known issues
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Ooh, sealing rings/washers is not one I've heard of before.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

mine went in last week for a new control panel as I wasn't getting cool air. It is always fun to tell the dealer of the solution and the TSB reference - they were most appreciate

same for the new dash top which has peeled away - thankfully no rattles after replacement :)