Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

bellissimo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 am Same here. Condenser replaced, but air con failed again a few weeks later. Similar symptoms with 'coolish' air on the lowest setting and then warm air on all other settings. Didn't have the heart to send it straight back to the dealers after waiting 4 months for the condenser fix, so will wait till it warms up a little just to confirm it is definitely broken, then take it in so hopefully it is fixed before the summer.
Make sure you take it in before the ambient temperatures rise too much. Otherwise, I suspect like mine last year, the fault won't be apparent and they won't take your word for it !
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

I think the air con is just not working again. The 'cold' air is only coolish when it should be ice cold, so they will have to fix that first anyway. I am pretty sure the climate control is not working properly either, but they won't look at that till the air con is working.
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

I suspected the aircon in my 2016 CX-s had failed a while ago, confirmed now that the outside temperature has risen.
I rang my dealer who said I could book it in for a technician to investigate the fault at a charge to me of £69, then if the defect was confirmed they would carry out the repair, covered by the warranty. Is it correct that I have to pay for the investigation?

I also enquired about a getting a courtesy car but none would be available on the booked day, or for a several weeks but I could choose to delay the job for a month to when one was available if I wanted too. They will take me to the nearest town centre where I can hang around while the work is done. I live 40 minutes from the dealership without any public transport near to my home so was hoping for a courtesy car.

I had hoped for a bit better than this from Mazda.
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

No you shouldn’t have to pay at a Mazda dealer unless it’s something that’s not covered under warranty (e.g. accident damage). If it’s a leak in the condenser it’s usually quick to spot through the front bumper anyway.

Courtesy cars are not always available. I can only drive an automatic and I have yet to come across a garage for any of my cars that has had a courtesy car with an auto gearbox. However, if your car is going to be off the road whilst they source parts & do a repair, Mazda customer relations should organise a hire car for you if the dealer doesn’t have a courtesy car.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I took mine in the around the middle of March as I suspected the control unit was faulty - I was fairly sure it was from my experiences 12 months previously but the dealer then insisted the replacement for the leaking condenser was the solution and it did appear to fix it. The dealer this time agreed it needed a replacement control unit and surprise surprise they don't hold them in stock :( :evil: So a new visit would be necessary and they wouldn't have a free courtesy car for over 6 weeks! This would be after the 2nd service is due so I've just booked it in for both to be done later this month and will get the bus / train back and forth once I've dropped off the car.

I find it rather strange that a potentially known problem area of the air-con isn't automatically held in stock by a dealer - in small quantities on a top-up style procedure - so they can ideally test and fix on the same day the car is brought in for investigation. Particularly as the control unit is supposed to only take around a half hour to replace.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Mrbluesky wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:21 am I suspected the aircon in my 2016 CX-s had failed a while ago, confirmed now that the outside temperature has risen.
I rang my dealer who said I could book it in for a technician to investigate the fault at a charge to me of £69, then if the defect was confirmed they would carry out the repair, covered by the warranty. Is it correct that I have to pay for the investigation?

I also enquired about a getting a courtesy car but none would be available on the booked day, or for a several weeks but I could choose to delay the job for a month to when one was available if I wanted too. They will take me to the nearest town centre where I can hang around while the work is done. I live 40 minutes from the dealership without any public transport near to my home so was hoping for a courtesy car.

I had hoped for a bit better than this from Mazda.
Outrageous!

It’s a know fault nd you should not be threatened with any charge

Mr Dealer, Hodgson of Gateshead where brilliant
Asked me to bring it in for an inspection to confirm what parts they needed, then fitted them a week later together with my 2nd Service, for which they gave me a discount on for my inconvenience

Complain to Mazda about them
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Eden Mazda Taunton is on an out of town business park about 15 miles from my home, which is not well served by public transport and my wife does not drive.
They have never had a courtesy car available, either for servicing or for the a/c condenser replacement. Although my CX-3 is an automatic, I would happily drive a manual if one was offered.
I had them take me to and collect me from a local garden centre while the car was being worked on.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I use Clevedon Mazda if that's any easier for you. They always find a courtesy car even at short notice.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Thank you. I will bear that in mind.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Just out of interest has the air con failure happened on the newer 2017 upgraded models or was it fixed at the factory before they were built.