Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Deano wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:14 pm Hi .
It would be good to know at what stage did other owners take their CX-3 to the garage due to the air con issues.
Unfortunately the VIN on my 6 week old GT Sport falls into the range that may be affected on the last Condenser TSB.
I am thinking of taking it to get looked at because as it stands now when the air con is on and set to 15 degs it is cold but not very cold like I've had on previous cars. It still works and has not failed altogether and neither can I see refrigerant leaking from the condenser. So should they still replace parts?
When the air con is not on the car is baking hot even with the temp at 15 degs, turn it up a bit and warm air comes out. I see there was another TSB for that.

So do the garages replace the condenser first and go from there or should they go for the lot? Evaporator, control unit and condenser?
I spoke to Mazda UK and they are air freighting the parts over and there is not so much of a backlog apparently.
I'll book it in and go from there.
Any info is much appreciated

Deano
Deano,

I had exactly the same when I first noticed the problem earlier this year. I was thinking the control unit would need replacing as well as the condenser, but the guy on service reception said a faulty condenser would make the control unit appear to be faulty. They replaced the condenser back in late May and it has since then delivered "freezing" cold air at the lowest setting with a gradual warming up / less cold air as the temperature was turned up on the control unit. I suspect the replacement condenser I've now got is the old type so I wouldn't be surprised if the fault returns. At least now it seems the newer condenser is being supplied and fitted :)

In addition to Jtonline's comments about the TSB on the control unit, I believe the evaporator is a much more awkward replacement so to be avoided if possible.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Update: Picked my car up after the gas strut recall jobby yesterday, but more importantly(!) they diagnosed a faulty aircon condenser. Could take 4 weeks for a replacement! Arghh! no aircon last summer July-Sept and now this summer, I'm hot and all bothered! :twisted:
Gus

Post by Gus »

deep blue wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 am Update: Picked my car up after the gas strut recall jobby yesterday, but more importantly(!) they diagnosed a faulty aircon condenser. Could take 4 weeks for a replacement! Arghh! no aircon last summer July-Sept and now this summer, I'm hot and all bothered! :twisted:
It's not that hot :D when mine was faulty it was 32 deg
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

Deano wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:14 pm I spoke to Mazda UK and they are air freighting the parts over and there is not so much of a backlog apparently.
I'm still waiting after 7 weeks... Spoke to Customer Services this morning and they are going to call me back when they get the Order Number from the dealer. The last time I spoke to the dealership they had no idea how much longer it would be, but did say there was a queue of people waiting on the part...
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

I have had 2 condensers now and still not working. They now say it's the evaporator,so all the dash out. I am so fed up with this, as follows.

No air con since March 17
First condenser diagnosis April 17
In garage in May 17 for replacement
Failed after 24 hours
Back to garage 2nd June 17 second condenser
Hire car for 2 months (paid for by Mazda)
Picked up car 8th Aug 17 failed before I drove of forecourt after me checking it
Back in last week for 2 days to investigate, found evaporator leak (supposidly ..... i think they are baffled and jus changing all the major components)
Booked in for 2 days next week to replace evaporator

Let's see!!!!!!!

I hope senior people at Mazda are fired over this pile of crap....... This is not rocket science ......it's air con.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Deleted User 155

.... I rang Mazda HQ customer Care, I complained and they offered me a hire car or £100 voucher - I went for the voucher which I'll use against the next service - I recommend ringing and complaining, the more folks complain the more they'll take it seriously - contact them direct on 08457 48 48 48
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

Finally heard about the date for my new condenser. Expected on 28th September, over 3 months from when the part was ordered. Customer Service offered a courtesy car, but no compensation.
Deleted User 155

bellissimo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 am Finally heard about the date for my new condenser. Expected on 28th September, over 3 months from when the part was ordered. Customer Service offered a courtesy car, but no compensation.

I'd complain to Mazda HQ about that! :( ...got my £100 voucher today, every little helps!
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

I spoke to the general Mazda Customer Service (not the dealership). Is there someone better to speak to about compensation?
Deleted User 155

bellissimo wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 am I spoke to the general Mazda Customer Service (not the dealership). Is there someone better to speak to about compensation?
not that I know of... just spoke to customer sevices and complained... just ask for compensation for the inconvenience and see what they say.