Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've got my car booked in for the service plus check on the a/c next Wednesday. Will be taking prints of both TSBs to try to be helpful :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

Gus

Post by Gus »

Well car went in for A/C fix today, wasn't fixed :( needs another new condensor, the control panel was replaced, will see how that is tomorrow.
Also looking at 4 new wheels under warranty due to corrosion :)

When I handed the car over today, when I shut the drivers door there was a rattle (heat shield) from the offside rear, apparently there was a loose bolt, just a point to remember if you hear the same death rattle :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:25 pm Well car went in for A/C fix today, wasn't fixed :( needs another new condensor, the control panel was replaced, will see how that is tomorrow.
Also looking at 4 new wheels under warranty due to corrosion :)

When I handed the car over today, when I shut the drivers door there was a rattle (heat shield) from the offside rear, apparently there was a loose bolt, just a point to remember if you hear the same death rattle :)
A loose bolt on the exhaust?

What's going on with your car Gus? Are they making more work than they are fixing? I absolutely hate my car going to the dealer.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

Getting a bit hacked off now, to be fair to the dealer they are upfront and honest about things.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Car taken in for service plus air con checks today. Told the condensor is faulty and needs replacing - booked in for two days in 3 weeks time. They couldn't say what the courtesy car would be and I could end up with a Fiat 500 or Doublo (it is a multi car franchise dealership). Should be quirky and interesting lol.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 pm. . .the condensor is faulty and needs replacing - booked in for two days in 3 weeks time. . .

Two days? Bumper off, swap condenser, bumper on, re-gas; can all be done in a couple of hours.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I did wonder but I guess they are playing it safe, real safe! I'd rather they took their time but will query it once I've found the Technical Service Bulletin for the condensor and see what time is allowed by Mazda. I'm sure Anchorman must have posted it somewhere :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Perhaps your garage is taking the car somewhere to do the re-gassing. Not every garage has the required equipment/gas.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It's possible they want to run an overnight vac test on the system to make sure there are no other leaks before handing it back.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Gus

Post by Gus »

Tested the heater control panel today after it was changed under warranty, what a difference cool air when set low and hot air when requested, set it at 22 and was perfect for me, it used to be set at 17 and I would have the window open as it was too warm.