Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
flobbage

Post by flobbage »

Thanks peter 55 for the info. i am going to the silverlink branch. i hope they are as good.
CX3 Sport Nav AWD Automatic Diesel Soul Red
45.5 mpg mazda display
43.2 mpg Honest john app

bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

My car has now been looked at and as expected the evaporator is knackered and needs replacing (the condenser has already been replaced). Thankfully it is only a few days wait to get the part compared to the 4 month wait for the condenser, so should be sorted in a week or two. Garage has been quite good about it and did not charge the normal fee for the courtesy car for the day.

Once this is done, I just need to convince them that the control unit also needs replacing and it should finally be fully fit in the temperature department :D
Gus

Post by Gus »

There is a service bulletin floating around which details the testing procedure for the control panel.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Gus wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 pm There is a service bulletin floating around which details the testing procedure for the control panel.
See the Air Con - Difficult to adjust cabin temp pdf link in my post on this thread :-

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1461&hilit=control+unit#p9655

Note: The problem with the control unit should only affect cars produced prior to 5th September, 2016 which is when the control logic within the control unit was changed.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I think we could do with some sticky threads somewhere with all these links, tips, tba's, pdf's etc?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

My aircon started to 'fail' on the journey to drop it off at the dealers, only blowing coolish air, not the normal cold.

Still, not my issue thankfully.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Had my aircon condenser replaced under warranty today at Beechwood in Derby. Very good service by the way !

One of the service department guys said it may have to be replaced again, unnecessarily, due to some Mazda mixup !! I,ll wait with baited breath !!
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

Chas wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:50 pm Had my aircon condenser replaced under warranty today at Beechwood in Derby. Very good service by the way !

One of the service department guys said it may have to be replaced again, unnecessarily, due to some Mazda mixup !! I,ll wait with baited breath !!
They may have replaced it with the old part (which will fail again soon enough). You need the redesigned version of the part.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

bellissimo wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am
Chas wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:50 pm Had my aircon condenser replaced under warranty today at Beechwood in Derby. Very good service by the way !

They may have replaced it with the old part (which will fail again soon enough). You need the redesigned version of the part.
Can't believe that i have just read that.They replaced a faulty part with a faulty part.

If that is the standard of customer service from Mazda i would be worried.
BRY

Post by BRY »

Had my condenser replaced at Beechwood Derby on Monday,seems ok now.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019