Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

Took the car in again today. They confirmed what I knew, the condenser needs to be replaced. Guess what Mazda uk have run out of them in spite of what Mazda promised me and they are now on back order. I pressed them again on the rubbish climate control that's been an issue from the start now I know that these are a problem on other cars. But of course they are reluctant to commit until the ac is fixed!
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

IWRA wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:29 pm .... Guess what Mazda uk have run out of them in spite of what Mazda promised me and they are now on back order. ....
Yes I was told that last week a new delivery would be arriving Wednesday 17th . My car went in overnight on Tuesday for diagnosis confirmation of the condenser fail, and was repaired yesterday.

Why are reception 'engineers' such muppets? when I conversationally mentioned that Mazda was doing hundreds of these and might it better to do a recall to stop all those greenhouse gases escaping, I was told by said muppet that 'they hadn't done many'. Whereas the guys who collected my car said they 'were always doing them' and it was a well known issue.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well I have to admit my mild amusement over the last few weeks regarding non functioning A/C turned to real displeasure today when I got stuck in a traffic jam.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Had the condenser changed on my car today. It had been diagnosed as faulty almost 4 weeks ago, so maybe they were allowing sufficient time to get the replacement part. With the impending hotting up of the weather this week and at the weekend, I damn well hope it's fully sorted. It seemed fine on the way home, still giving out nice and cold air when even 4 or 5 turns - presumably degrees - up from the 15deg minimum.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
xander66

Post by xander66 »

Mine has just failed as well, have it booked with Romford Mazda.

Hopefully the parts won't take too long to order.

Mazda should really issue a recall with the amount of units failing :x
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Recalls are for safety related issues, not reliability. They'll sort it out, be patient.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 1:12 pm Recalls are for safety related issues, not reliability. They'll sort it out, be patient.
Consider a raspberry blown in your direction ref patience...... took the motorbike today as it is cooler :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
Kujirai

Post by Kujirai »

My CX-3 is 20 month old, and air con got broken already twice, last August and this week. Both due to leak of condensor. They replaced it with new one at both occations under warranty, so I did not have to pay. But I am not happy with this car because my previous cars, Clio and Golf, did not have such a problem.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Be aware there is also a problem with the evaporator, which I am waiting for, its on back order estimated delivery beginning of June, Personally i believe the condensor is changed first as it easier to get at.....

download/file.php?id=433
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Hi,
although i have a Mazda2, basically same car, my air conditioning has failed. not good for a 15 month old car. having to wait for the part as its on back order. saying this, i am px'ing it for a new Mazda2 GT next week, so hope that Mazda have sorted the problem out on the new model.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020