Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

Air con failed and took it to main dealer on 27th June. Confirmed as a dodgy Condenser, but still waiting for part to arrive. Chased up today, but no sign of part and no estimate of how much longer it will be. She said there was a number of people waiting and as they had only recently produced a replacement part which works properly, so there was quite a backlog. Said worse case scenario was 4 MONTHS??

Is this a reasonable amount of time to wait for a warranty fix for something fundamental to the comfortable usage of the car? The problem is compounded by the fact that I believe the climate controller is not working properly either, so the car is absolutely boiling in any sort of warm weather. They won't look at that till the condenser is replace though...

RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Hello, It seems the CX3 has issues with Air Con, according to the many posts.
Mine has had a new Evaporator and Control Unit back in late February and guess what... Car had first Service last month 6700 miles and I detected a slight hissing sound when Air Con switched on, unusual I thought.... Today sound still there and no cooling. Booked in Thursday RRG Stockport. So COME ON MAZDA!!

I will let you all know.

ps Great Site.
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I have merged some of the air con topics into one - no point having many topics all discussing the same thing at the same time.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

I don't mind issues, as they are inevitable with new cars. However having to wait several weeks / months for a resolution to an issue which have been known about for over a year seems like poor service. I am sure if they were minded to they could ramp up production and courier the parts over faster than they are. As it is, they seem content to build up a backlog of frustrated, hot and bothered customers. Surely cheaper in the long run to get the problems fixed more promptly as some of these people will be put off going for a Mazda again, or would not recommend because of it.
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

Well my saga continue's. Picked up my car yesterday from Hendys Mazda Crawley, told all was now OK with replaced condenser (it's been with them for 2 months awaiting part) before I drove off I said I would check all was OK. Turned on AC and waited .........&.....? waited and waited some more, guess what.........no air con. Thy called a senior technician and they took it back in to workshop. After waiting 2 hours they came back and said the system had shot it's gas again, but wer unable to find the leak suspecting the evaporator. They gassed it up and I took it as i was so fed up. Tested today and no air conditioning. This is now beyond a joke....thank God this is a company car and I can throw the keys at my boss tomorrow and say get me a new car and let legal sort it out. This car has been missed sold, does not have the features as advertised. MAZDA Crawley said they had 50 go to date pretty much all the cars they have sold. Croydon as I mentioned previously had over 120 with problems. The issue maybe a bad evaporator or it could be the high pressure of the new refrigerant is to high for the components. It's a heap of rubbish. I don't blame Mazda Crawley they have been very good about the whole process and are very embarrassed about the whole issue. It's either the MAZDA building quality, component quality or design quality.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It's not caused by the pressure as there is no significant difference between the two refrigerants. At 20 deg C, R134a is 5.83 bar and R1234yf is 5.93 bar. It is either a leaking evaporator/condenser or the connections onto them. When I asked if they pressure tested them I was told by Mazda Crawley that it is easy to spot the leaks on the aluminium coils. Obviously it isn't that easy. I was also told that they have far more Mazda2 with the same problem.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

I think I'd of driven it back and parked it in their office.

Sorry you've had such a crap experience.
Philmac

Post by Philmac »

Thanks strangeway's, I hadn't checked the operating presures of R1234yf good point, rules that one out. Probably Just poor components or installation. My boss has banned all company car purchases of Mazda, not happy with all the lost productivity as time spent back and forth to the garage. That's 3 sales lost to Mazda. Just seen sales of Mazda CX3''s down by 28%........ word gets around, shame as it's a lovely car.
CX3 Sports Nav Auto Mica Jet Black 2 ltr Petrol September 2016
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Philmac wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm Thanks strangeway's, I hadn't checked the operating presures of R1234yf good point, rules that one out. Probably Just poor components or installation. My boss has banned all company car purchases of Mazda, not happy with all the lost productivity as time spent back and forth to the garage. That's 3 sales lost to Mazda. Just seen sales of Mazda CX3''s down by 28%........ word gets around, shame as it's a lovely car.
Yes it is a shame as there is no problem with the 2017 models. but that's the way life is, nobody remembers the many good things you've done only the few bad things. Mazda took their eye off the ball and didn't quality check their suppliers properly, so now they pay the consequences.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
bellissimo

Post by bellissimo »

Philmac wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm Just seen sales of Mazda CX3''s down by 28%........
Where did you see this?