Air Con fail and fix

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

The logic, as it was explained to me, is that cooling the air which has already been cooled, (and so on) leads to a lower temperature. This seems to be a a strategy designed to compensate for a less than fully efficient system. My previous systems have only ever required a stab at the Air Con button!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

SoonerV8 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 am The logic, as it was explained to me, is that cooling the air which has already been cooled, (and so on) leads to a lower temperature. This seems to be a a strategy designed to compensate for a less than fully efficient system. My previous systems have only ever required a stab at the Air Con button!!!
You are correct, the air conditioning system will reduce the air temperature by approximately 10-12 degrees. With outside air at 25 deg the supply air would be around 13 deg. Which should be a comfortable temperature and keep the cabin around 21 deg. If the air con is on re-circulation then the cabin temperature will reduce and therefore the on coil and off coil temperatures will reduce. However you should expect the air conditioning to maintain a comfortable temperature without needing to switch to re-circ.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I think we'll be up next for an air-con dealer visit! It was cycling today between warm and v cold with the control set around 10 o'clock.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

It's always possible of course, that systems on my previous, non Mazda, vehicles have automatically "set" to re-circulating mode when I have stabbed the Air Con button!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

SoonerV8 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 pm It's always possible of course, that systems on my previous, non Mazda, vehicles have automatically "set" to re-circulating mode when I have stabbed the Air Con button!!!
If that was the case you would expect the indicator lamp to show that.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
User1234

Post by User1234 »

Well mine has been fixed today and working like it should. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Ju!

Post by Ju! »

Had our condenser replaced for the second time on Wednesday. It went in the first year we had the car and then again a few weeks ago. I really hope they've sorted it this time. :roll:
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Ju! wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 am Had our condenser replaced for the second time on Wednesday. It went in the first year we had the car and then again a few weeks ago. I really hope they've sorted it this time. :roll:
I hope so too.
My condenser was found to be leaking at the first service last year, and was replaced under warranty.
I was assured that the replacement was an improved version, so we shall see when the car undergoes it's second service on Wednesday.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Well there were no problems found during the second annual service yesterday, and the a/c is working hard in the current heatwave.

I was lent a 2018 CX-3 demonstrator as a courtesy car, and it had a lot of toys. Leather upholstery, climate control, reversing camera and a tiny display instead of a proper speedometer. This thing showed the speed of the car and the speed limit for the road being travelled.

Unfortunately the car also had the mechanical crudity of a transmission which required me to select the gears myself and engage the drive with a friction clutch. Whilst at first it was a novelty to re-acquaint myself with this long outmoded system, I soon tired of it after a few minutes in stop start traffic, and it was a relief to get behind the wheel of my automatic once again.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

zoylander wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm
Unfortunately the car also had the mechanical crudity of a transmission which required me to select the gears myself and engage the drive with a friction clutch. Whilst at first it was a novelty to re-acquaint myself with this long outmoded system, I soon tired of it after a few minutes in stop start traffic, and it was a relief to get behind the wheel of my automatic once again.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020