Automatic Vs manual

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Hi guys. This is my first post since placing an deposit for my new cx3 automatic. I've seen little comparison on interweb of auto v manual and was looking for your views. I've opted for the auto :D .

Looking at brochure there's is little difference in economy n emissions. But the auto is close to the Mazda 3s autos figures. But when u look at the Mazda 3 manual the figures are noticeably better. But what's the difference? If the two autos are similar why aren't the two manuals similar?

I'm guessing the autos share the same transmission but the two manuals transmission are different?

Has anyone tried both the manual and automatic back to back to see how they compare?

Why is the auto significantly slower? Gearing I'm guessing

Does G vectoring come in 2017 model. I believe it is in some parts of the world.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)

Derbro

Post by Derbro »

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of Auto petrol sport nav.
I test drove manual and auto as I was uncertain what to choose.
All my previous cars have been manual and I thought this would be my choice for the CX3.
But I was seriously impressed with the auto. I wanted a sporty drive and a reasonable fuel consumption, not easy to find.
When I want I select sport mode and manual , fuel consumption is compromised but the enjoyment is worth it.
When I want I select normal drive, performance is pretty good, fuel is also pretty good for a 2 litre engine.
Overall fuel consumption does seem to be working out fine.
Plus the quality of the auto smooth change is very enjoyable.
Hope this helps justify your decision.
Ceramic Metalic Sports Nav 2litre petrol Auto 2017
Gordongilchrist

Ive been given a delivery date of 28th Feb. Mannnnn! that a long time when u want something.

Whats the performance like compared to the manual you tried? I dont need fast but dont want slow. 0 - 62 time of 10.6s (i think) seems a little slow
Derbro

Post by Derbro »

HI,
If you have already ordered, then you must have test driven and found out for yourself if the performance is to your liking.
For me, the 0-62 time did not impress as my trade in car was a 300bhp monster, but when got behind the wheel I quickly
came to the conclusion that it has got plenty of power to keep a smile on your face when you want. To get more power if that
is what you want then you have to pay more money.
Ceramic Metalic Sports Nav 2litre petrol Auto 2017
Gordongilchrist

Dealer didn't have any cx3 autos. so only test drove a cx3 manual and then a cx5 auto so see how the auto worked. So a bit of a leap of faith for me.
artist29

Post by artist29 »

My CX3 is the first auto I've owned although I have driven a few before and have to say I absolutely love it!
I actually think the smoothness of the auto box makes it feel quicker and more responsive than a manual!
CX-3 SportNav Auto Petrol 2WD in Deep Crystal Blue with Stone leather
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

artist29 wrote:My CX3 is the first auto I've owned although I have driven a few before and have to say I absolutely love it!
I actually think the smoothness of the auto box makes it feel quicker and more responsive than a manual!
Have to agree. It's the best auto box I've ever had or driven.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

anchorman wrote:
artist29 wrote:My CX3 is the first auto I've owned although I have driven a few before and have to say I absolutely love it!
Have to agree. It's the best auto box I've ever had or driven.
I drove a long way to get to a dealer with a CX-3 auto for test drive as they were like hen's teeth. I agree that it's a lovely box.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Fully agree and I was hooked after the short test drive. Long drives since, in a variety of traffic conditions, haven't disappointed me one bit.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

totally agree,lovely box. with the added bonus to play with the flappy paddles in sport mode
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack