Beginning to regret.............

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
amigoforlavida

Post by amigoforlavida »

Beginning to regret the purchase of our one year old CX-3
First problem air conditioning condenser which took weeks to sort out.
Second problem Sat nav faulty and needed replacement.
Yesterday morning, it would not start. Call out guy replaced the battery

Not what we had expected from what is not the least expensive car in its class
CX-3 SEL Nav Auto petrol Soul Red Reg Jan 2017

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

You are not alone.
Many of us have had the A/C condenser replaced under warranty, but that problem pales into insignificance compared to the excessive road noise and vibration transmitted to the interior on coarse road surfaces. Mazda must have known about this, as the face-lifted CX-3 is said to have extra sound proofing.
Next time I will be looking for a less stressful car.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Thankfully I've not experienced the problems some of you have had, the main issues being the infotainment systems bizarre way of playing mp3's etc and the lack of auto locking on drive off.

I've really enjoyed driving mine but it will only be for another couple of months as it is getting returned to the dealer due to change of car.
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Can't say I've used the air on that much having only taken delivery of the car in November. Come summer it will tested to its max.....weather permitting. The only saving grace is if problems do present themselves at least there is still plenty of warranty left to cover the condenser should it need replacing. Hopefully it won't come to that. And that's if I still have the car after all the issues I've had recently.
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

1Monty wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:31 pm Can't say I've used the air on that much having only taken delivery of the car in November. Come summer it will tested to its max.....weather permitting. The only saving grace is if problems do present themselves at least there is still plenty of warranty left to cover the condenser should it need replacing. Hopefully it won't come to that. And that's if I still have the car after all the issues I've had recently.

Look on the bright side. At least the replacement condensers now are of a far better robust make. I had my faulty condenser replaced last April and I'm sure the replacement has now failed for the same reason. Like the previous time, the air-con is only giving out any cold air when on the very lowest setting. There was some information posted last summer saying replacements up to that point were still of the same faulty construction. So another bit of work to be done at the next service in 2 months time - and if like last time it will involve two trips, one to diagnose the failure and one to replace. Hopefully my local dealer is now holding a stock of replacement items to avoid the second trip.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016