New to the site

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

TC1 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:37 pm I’m looking for advice from co CX3 owners.. I’ve a 2015 sportnav model and had the evaporator and condenser replaced with little resolution to the poor air con quality in my car. I have a TSB, posted on the site previously, detailing the fault with the control panel and my vehicle is listed as potentially faulty. I’m out of warranty next month and raised the control panel issue with my dealer 2-3 months ago..and ended up with a new condenser- due to a recall - and was told that the original one wasn’t faulty. Has anyone else had their control panel replaced...and did it work?
I've a 2016 Sport Nav. I had the condenser replaced in April '17 after I complained of the air con not working. I did suspect the Control Panel was faulty - having read the TSB's posted on this site around that time - but the dealer would only replace the condenser which was leaking. This did fix the air con so I took no further action till early this year when I found it would only give out cold air - and not "freezing" cold air - on the very lowest setting. Anything above that and the air felt warm. I reported this to the dealer when I had the car serviced and they booked it in and replaced the Control Unit. The air con has worked perfectly since then, touch wood :D , and it gives out degrees of cold air getting slightly less cold for the first 4 settings after which the air starts to warm up gradually. Mind you, with this year's summer I've hardly ever had it off the very lowest setting :lol:

So in your position, with the warranty ending so close, I'd get down to the dealer asap - with a printed copy of the TSB re faulty Control Panel - and insist your car is booked in for it to be replaced as you are experiencing the problems outlined in that TSB. Hope all goes well.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

TC1

Post by TC1 »

Thank you...I’ll be standing my ground in the hope this resolves the luke warm air con of the past 2.5 years!
09/15 CX3, Sportnav, 2L, manual, petrol, Jet Black mica
Gus

Post by Gus »

Iirc there is a testing procedure on the TSB to test if the control panel is faulty, might be worth giving that a go first.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I have had both my condenser and control unit replaced. The condenser was replaced because they had a faulty batch from the Chinese supplier which caused a loss of refrigerant. The control TSB is for a heating issue, not cooling. When the ambient temperature dropped to 10 degrees it would somehow change the set point and bring on extra heating even if you didn't want it to so you could never get a comfortable temperature in the cabin. So changing the control unit is unlikely to have any effect on the cooling system.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED