New here with some questions!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I think these are the major engine changes for the latest 2018 UK models :-

Diesel - now has a 1.8 litre engine with 115ps and 270Nm in only a FWD manual version. Previously it had a 1.5 litre 105ps 270Nm in FWD manual or AWD in either manual or automatic version

Petrol - the AWD version with the 2.0 litre 150ps 206Nm engine is now available with either the manual or auto gearbox. It was previously just a manual only version and the auto was just the 120ps 204Nm FWD version
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

So I've read that the Bose sound system has a subwoofer in the boot that reduces the boot from 350 to 287 litres. Is this because you can't lower the boot floor?
07/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Crystal Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, 2WD, Automatic
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

You can lower the boot floor. There is a hard (thick) panel which when fitted equals 287 litres. Under this there is a gap of about four or five inches where another panel resides over the sub woofer (or sub woofer and space saver wheel) to store some small bits. If you remove the top panel and rely on the lower panel you get 350 litres. It is quite strong in the lower setting, My German Shepherd sits on it with no damage. If you want to fit a full sized spare wheel you have to use to higher floor panel.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Mine is a 2017 sport nav which has all the kit you mention.
It also comes of course with a manual hand brake if you prefer that over the electronic type which all 2018_models have , due to the new armrest.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
twin_suns

Post by twin_suns »

Thanks for all the help guys! Just got my hands on a Soul Red CX-3 with only 4000 miles on the clock and it's been great so far!
07/17 CX-3 Sport Nav, Crystal Soul Red, 2.0 Petrol, 2WD, Automatic
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Well done.....Now post some pics for us all to enjoy.
ferg

Post by ferg »

Hello, I'm thinking of upgrading my Mazda 2 to a CX-3 SE-L Nav 2.0l petrol but am being deterred by what looks like pretty poor fuel economy on the petrol CX-3. (I have no interest in buying a diesel.) Most of my driving will be in the city of Manchester with only very occasional trips to visit friends in Wales. Can any owners give me meaningful figures on their fuel consumption?
ferg

Post by ferg »

I hear many people have had problems with malfunctioning air con (condensers?) in CX-3s. Has the defect been solved in the 2019 models? (One review in a well-known car mag says the problem remains.)
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

The Air Con issue was resolved last year. Cars from Sept. '18 onwards don't have the issue.
I get into the low 40's for a variety of rural and town driving.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The leaking a/c condenser was replaced under warranty at the first annual service in 2017. No problems with the new one so far.

I average over 43mpg in everyday motoring, which I consider to be pretty good for a 2.0L petrol automatic.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.