CX3 arrived and so pleased to be back to Mazda!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Maizie5

Post by Maizie5 »

Hello all,

First up, many thanks for this excellent forum which I've spent far too long on while planning our purchase!

Today we collected our Sport Nav in Soul Red Crystal and we are thrilled with it. We did need to replace our second car so decided to chop my old Mini Cooper as scrappage as it was on it's last legs. My wife is the lucky one who gets the Mazda as a daily driver, while I have been 'upgraded' to our Volvo S40 (still not bad as I only do 4k a year and we have had it since nearly new).

For me, happy to be back in the Mazda fold and love how the car drives. Previously I had a 1996 MX5 Merlot which I had to reluctantly sell 4 years ago. Best car I ever owned and while mechanically I did everything and it was still spot on at 145k miles, I wasn't in a position to carry out the bodywork restoration it needed.

Anyway, happy with being back with Mazda, they are true drivers car.
CX3 Sport Nav 2019 Soul Red Crystal

Maizie5

Post by Maizie5 »

CX3 xpo.jpg

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Nice!
πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Maizie5

Post by Maizie5 »

Thanks πŸ™‚ Am well pleased with how it drives, and the colour is just 😎.

Will try and dig out some photos of the MX5 as well as that was an amazing colour back in the day!
Maizie5

Post by Maizie5 »

And back to the past....

MX5 003.jpg

MX5 004.jpg

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Welcome and I think you've gone for the best colour 8-) .
Your MX5 was an unusual colour, can't recall seeing one.... ever?! Most I see are either silver or black now.

Anyhow, enjoy your new purchase. :)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: ↑Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:55 am Welcome and I think you've gone for the best colour 8-) .
Your MX5 was an unusual colour, can't recall seeing one.... ever?! Most I see are either silver or black now.

Anyhow, enjoy your new purchase. :)
It was a limited edition called 'Merlot'. I guess that was named after the colour :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Maizie5

Post by Maizie5 »

Thanks very much for the welcome πŸ™‚.

The MX5 Merlot was a limited edition in 1996 and, yes was named after its distinctive paint colour 😎. It was also noted for the light grey leather seats with merlot piping, wood finish centre console surround, gear knob and handbrake grip. Oh and the all important β€˜Merlot’ badges on the wings 😁