Hello from Somerset

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

wonder if a heated steering wheel can be fitted to a "Mark 1" ?? :D
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals

Post by 50041 »

Really interested to hear of your experience Trapdoor. I went to my local dealership in Redditch this weekend and the sales team knew very little about this imminent upgrade. I seemed to know more about it.

I've left my details so that they can send me an update when they receive any further information but am intrigued that all dealerships don't have the same gen.

This 'GT' version in the summer - do you know what the spec of this will be? Will it be over-and-above the Sport Nav spec or just one of those mid-life edition variants?
CX-3 GT Sport / Ceramic Metallic 2.0L Petrol FWD
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Well, finally got our Sport Nav ... Mrs T is very pleased with it.

We have today picked it up from the detailer who has done a full 'new car correction' and applied the GTechniq paint protections... looking very smart now.

34C57160-A5CD-4007-B7DA-B13A846E72AC.JPG

6B9FA6A3-5056-4706-8363-87E5523978D7.JPG

Was surprised at the lack of dealer knowledge about what came with the safety pack ... we asked about High Beam Assist which the old MY safety pack had, but were told it wasn't on the new safety pack ... well, it certainly is! Works a bit differently to my Range Rover but not difficult to get used to. Only thing I can't see working are the adaptive headlights ... on my RR you can see the headlight beam 'bend' when cornering but can't notice this on the CX-3 ... so not sure it's working :?

Colour HUD is nice, so are the memory seats that also adjust the HUD position to the setting saved on each of the memories.

Overall, very happy with the car.
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Excellent ;)
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Looks lovely :D
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Thanks chaps.

Oooh, the other thing we optioned was the auto-dimming (and compass) rear view mirror. Definitely worth the small extra cost as I'd never realised that the Nav system doesn't actually show you your compass direction and the dimming function works perfectly. Only minor criticism is that the window for the compass display can slightly interfere with the view. Going back 10 years or so my BMW had one but the display just showed through the mirror rather than having a 'hole' in the reflective.

Haven't had to 'click' a manual mirror on a car for years and it seems mighty odd that a car so well specified doesn't have this minor cost item as standard. Sure you don't need the compass but most manufacturers now do auto-dimming mirrors. Very odd really.

The other minor annoyance is that there is no auto-lock on driveaway ... why not?
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It's a funny thing but if you take the SD card out of the nav, it shows a really nice ships compass on the display if you select the nav screen. It's a shame you can't access it without pulling the card. Aye, here it is

CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD