Hello from Somerset

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Hi all,

Just ordered a 2017 'face lifted' Sport Nav Petrol Auto with Safety Pack and Stone leather upgrade in 'Machine Grey' for Mrs T to replace her Toyota Yaris Hybrid (ugh!) - apparently the order system isn't open to take the new vehicles yet and info on the updates are a bit scant (well, the dealer certainly didn't have much info).

I understand the changes likely to be a new steering wheel (with heated option), colour HUD, powered 10-way driver seat and auto fold mirrors but she also wants an auto dimming rear view mirror which the dealer doesn't know if it will now be standard and I want her to have front parking sensors fitted.

This is where things got a bit odd at the dealers today. He claimed they had only ever fitted one set of front parking sensors on the CX-3 and they couldn't get them to work correctly due to the front bumper valance. He claimed that where the sensors had to be fitted, they were picking up the bit that juts out across the front. So his advice was "don't fit them". The bit I found somewhat curious was that they outsource the fitting to a 3rd party, and I wonder perhaps if this fitter just wasn't fitting them correctly or perhaps they weren't genuine Mazda sensors.

So has anyone here had them fitted on the Sport and if so, do you have issues with them? Just sounds odd that Mazda would let the dealers fit something that wasn't compatible with the bumper on the car.

Anyhow, look forward to reading through the interesting threads on here during our (probable) 4-month wait for delivery.
Ordered: 2017 SportNav Auto with Stone Leather in Meteor Grey

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of postings about front sensors on these two links which might help :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=983&hilit=front+sensors

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=141&hilit=front+parking

Hope the 4 month wait ends up being shorter but I guess it all depends on when the latest model is being released in the UK
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

Trapdoor wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:04 pm Hi all,

Just ordered a 2017 'face lifted' Sport Nav Petrol Auto with Safety Pack and Stone leather upgrade in 'Machine Grey' for Mrs T to replace her Toyota Yaris Hybrid (ugh!) - apparently the order system isn't open to take the new vehicles yet and info on the updates are a bit scant (well, the dealer certainly didn't have much info).

I understand the changes likely to be a new steering wheel (with heated option), colour HUD, powered 10-way driver seat and auto fold mirrors but she also wants an auto dimming rear view mirror which the dealer doesn't know if it will now be standard and I want her to have front parking sensors fitted.

This is where things got a bit odd at the dealers today. He claimed they had only ever fitted one set of front parking sensors on the CX-3 and they couldn't get them to work correctly due to the front bumper valance. He claimed that where the sensors had to be fitted, they were picking up the bit that juts out across the front. So his advice was "don't fit them". The bit I found somewhat curious was that they outsource the fitting to a 3rd party, and I wonder perhaps if this fitter just wasn't fitting them correctly or perhaps they weren't genuine Mazda sensors.

So has anyone here had them fitted on the Sport and if so, do you have issues with them? Just sounds odd that Mazda would let the dealers fit something that wasn't compatible with the bumper on the car.

Anyhow, look forward to reading through the interesting threads on here during our (probable) 4-month wait for delivery.
This is very interesting. Last week I phoned Mazda HQ in Kent and was told there is no info available re a face lifted CX3 and my local dealer said it won't be until later this year or maybe next year. (Apparently a limited edition GT model will be out this year). Is the 4 months wait a figure your dealer guesstimated? :?
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Welcome to the forum.

The Limited Edition GT is out in June according to my dealer.
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

Thanks for the kind 'welcome'... :D

Perhaps the term 'face lifted' should be more '2017 updated' ... AIUI there are limited changes but looks like they have just upped the standard spec a bit. Certainly he cannot currently place an order for a CX-3 in our spec yet and the July delivery date is only an 'approximate' as they don't yet know when the updated cars are coming through. Mazda UK apparently advised mid to end April for orders to open.
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

Trapdoor wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm Thanks for the kind 'welcome'... :D

Perhaps the term 'face lifted' should be more '2017 updated' ... AIUI there are limited changes but looks like they have just upped the standard spec a bit. Certainly he cannot currently place an order for a CX-3 in our spec yet and the July delivery date is only an 'approximate' as they don't yet know when the updated cars are coming through. Mazda UK apparently advised mid to end April for orders to open.
Yes, the term I had heard was "tweaks" but needed & desirable ones! It really bugs me the lack of information from Mazda HQ combined with the diversity of info from various dealerships :? I wonder if there will be a price increase & will there still be a £1,500 Mazda PCP contribution? I'm picking up my CX3 soon - with front sensors - so I will report back then :)
CX3 Sport Nav 2 litre petrol auto 2WD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica - front sensors, arm rest, aluminium pedals
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Trapdoor wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:18 pm Thanks for the kind 'welcome'... :D

Last week's Auto Express had a section on all new cars being released over the next 3 years. One in the list is the "face lifted" "2017 updated" CX-3 which they said should be out in July 2017. So maybe July is what Mazda UK are aiming for and would tie in if factory orders are being accepted mid to late April.
Trapdoor

Post by Trapdoor »

@manofkent, my dealer reckoned. £100 base price increase but because there will likely be a finance campaign between now and when we 'buy' our CX-3, he cannot 'hold' the current finance deal and he thinks the £1500 PCP contribution will be reduced or even removed completely - based on what happened with the facelifted 3 when it came out.

I'm not terribly bothered as we will only be signing for a PCP for the free money and will pay it off after a month or two to reduce the interest liability (and cash in the bank is worth an ever decreasing amount).

@st3v3cx-3 - End July is the 'latest' we have been told to expect delivery but his call to Mazda UK appeared to be very vague - assume they don't want to commit - but it seems that if a car is built that matches our spec, it could be allocated to be called over earlier.

My car is a Range Rover and the way JLR do their ordering is completely different, where every car is a factory order. In the end, I had to wait over 12 months because the dealer had no build slot allocations, then they changed the available spec on me, introduced delays and I decided to drop my first order to get the updated version. I am hoping Mazda is nothing like that!
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Trapdoor wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:04 pm ...... My car is a Range Rover and the way JLR do their ordering is completely different, where every car is a factory order. In the end, I had to wait over 12 months because the dealer had no build slot allocations, then they changed the available spec on me, introduced delays and I decided to drop my first order to get the updated version. I am hoping Mazda is nothing like that!
You might find these 2 links on the Mazda UK site - published last year - of interest as they explain their car ordering and delivery process from Japan to the UK

http://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2016/01/18 ... ight-time/

http://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2016/05/20 ... -new-cars/

I'm 100% certain you won't be left waiting over 12 months !!!
manofkent

Post by manofkent »

Trapdoor wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:04 pm @manofkent, my dealer reckoned. £100 base price increase but because there will likely be a finance campaign between now and when we 'buy' our CX-3, he cannot 'hold' the current finance deal and he thinks the £1500 PCP contribution will be reduced or even removed completely - based on what happened with the facelifted 3 when it came out.

I'm not terribly bothered as we will only be signing for a PCP for the free money and will pay it off after a month or two to reduce the interest liability (and cash in the bank is worth an ever decreasing amount).

@st3v3cx-3 - End July is the 'latest' we have been told to expect delivery but his call to Mazda UK appeared to be very vague - assume they don't want to commit - but it seems that if a car is built that matches our spec, it could be allocated to be called over earlier.

My car is a Range Rover and the way JLR do their ordering is completely different, where every car is a factory order. In the end, I had to wait over 12 months because the dealer had no build slot allocations, then they changed the available spec on me, introduced delays and I decided to drop my first order to get the updated version. I am hoping Mazda is nothing like that!
Thanks "trapdoor", that is most interesting. It's a dilemma - I have been, and still am, in two minds whether to cancel my current order at the 13th hour (delivery due next week) and reorder when the facelift version has been officially announced by Mazda.