Proud new owner with a problem!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johnandvirginia

Post by Johnandvirginia »

Good afternoon. Collected my Mazda CX3 Sport Nav 2.0 l Soul Red this week. Absolutely delighted with it - even the istop has started to work properly! Previous vehicle was a CX5 diesel, so quite a difference. I am aware how much smaller this CX3 is - much more convenient for parking in tight spaces! However I do miss the surge of power when accelerating from 50 m.p.h.
Could anyone on this forum help me with one small problem?
On the inside lip of the boot, just to the right of the opening switch, there is another rubber-covered switch which when pressed emits a high pitched beep. My dealer does not know what it is for! - and I can't find a reference to it in the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Assuming the manual page numbers haven't changed in the last 18 months, see page 3-13 Liftgate (Lock Only) it's the Request Switch. I have to say though, I have never used it.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new CX-3 purchase. Great to hear you're absolutely delighted with it.

Alan has beat me to it while I was composing my reply :) What you've queried isn't a problem as such but what Mazda call the "Liftgate Request Switch". It is described in section 3-13 of the Owner's Manual :-

"To lock the doors and the liftgate, press the request switch and the hazard warning lights will flash once." It also states "The setting can be changed so that a beep sound is heard for confirmation when the doors and the liftgate are locked/unlocked using a request switch."

As you have the Sport Nav model with smart keyless entry, you'll never need to use the liftgate request switch as all doors and boot will lock themselves when you walk away, providing you've got the key in your pocket :) I guess it might be useful to those with either the SE or SE-L models who don't have smart keyless entry - although the remote will still lock everything in the old way. So it seems to me a pretty obscure "feature"
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
albertc30

Post by albertc30 »

Sorry to cut in but I'm in the process of getting a CX-3 myself and was told that the keyless entry you must still press the black round dot on the handle to lock it.

Is this not true?

Thanks
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

That information is incorrect. If you've got the keyless model, you don't have to do anything whilst or after closing the door. You will hear a single beep and then when you get far enough away - or after a specific time which can be changed in Settings if I remember correctly - you'll hear a deadlock type sound from the doors and the indicators will flash once. If you have the auto mirror fold accessory - or I think it will be standard on the facelifted model - you get the additional confirmation of the car being locked as the mirrors will fold in like magic :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Gus

Post by Gus »

albertc30 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:10 pm Sorry to cut in but I'm in the process of getting a CX-3 myself and was told that the keyless entry you must still press the black round dot on the handle to lock it.

Is this not true?

Thanks
The answer above is correct if you use the walk away locking, if you don't you need to press the rubber button or use the button on the key fob.

I don't use the walk away locking as the management got fed up with getting locked in at the garage when I went to pay, the locking in wasn't so bad but the alarm going off a bit later really hacked her off. :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Ha ha! You can disalarm with the fob button - my missus had the same when I went to a cashpoint!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

tyrfelin wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:36 am Ha ha! You can disalarm with the fob button - my missus had the same when I went to a cashpoint!
Or leave the key in the car with her! I stick my key in the little pocket in the door arm rest.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Yes - that works too!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
albertc30

Post by albertc30 »

Going in tomorrow and hopefully will close the deal at £17,500.00. It's also the last Sports Nav in stock in the country on meteor grey... can't wait