New to the site

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
TC1

Post by TC1 »

Hi I found this forum whilst searching for a few issues I have with my CX3. I'm currently having to see the dealer as I have no air conditioning and have been told that I will have to pay £160 to have it re- gassed if there is no fault found with the system itself. They implied that I would have to pay this to have the air con checked in the first place. Does anyone else have experience of this?
09/15 CX3, Sportnav, 2L, manual, petrol, Jet Black mica

Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

There's been a few issues with the CX3 air con... search this site! I'm not sure if you should pay for anything, it's a bit early in the cars life for a re-gas, I suspect it is one of the other issues early CX3's had...
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Welcome to the forum. There is a thread all about the issues - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=842
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Welcome to the forum TC1 and sorry to hear you are another owner with climate control problems on their CX-3. Unfortunately there have been quite a few of us worldwide with issues which occurred on cars produced prior to October 2016. I understand there are two worldwide TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) and I think they have been "published" in this forum. They may be in the link rockposer quotes above, if not try these :-
They both show a list of potentially affected car VINs and I'd recommend checking yours on the list and if your one is in the range I can't see how a Mazda UK dealer can ignore your request for it to be checked out and fixed FOC. Might be worth printing out and taking to the dealer when booking in your car for the air con to be checked out. You'll probably need a further booking to carry out any warranty repairs.

My car is booked in to have the condensor changed next Monday. Apparently this is a third item - over and above the control unit and evaporator mentioned in those two TSBs above - that can cause air con problems.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
UKDucatiman

Post by UKDucatiman »

Welcome to the forum, I hope your air-con is sorted soon!
Sport Nav 2.0 Auto Petrol 2WD. Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Half Stone Leather Interior.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

There is absolutely no way you can lose that amount of gas naturally in 18 months. You either have a faulty evaporator or condenser. So unless the condenser has been damaged by a stone it should be a warranty replacement.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
TC1

Post by TC1 »

Thank you all for your replies. My VIN is on the TSB issued so will be standing my ground and not footing the bill for repair. Just the alloys to be replaced now and if only my infotainment system would work then I might enjoy this car!
I'll get back onto the forum with an update.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Welcome TC1, I have had the control panel and condensor replaced, I am now on back order (June) for the evaporator and 4 wheels to be replaced under warranty, never once has money been mentioned. Mind you I haven't had any A/c since October last year....
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
TC1

Post by TC1 »

My car was at the dealer today and the air con problem is the result of a faulty condenser/ which I'm awaiting replacement of now.
Thanks again for your replies .
Gus

Post by Gus »

Not that I am cynical, but don't forget to book in for the evaporator to be replaced and get the part put on backorder...... I reckon on current timings August.......
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.