Hi! New here and have a few questions...

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
albertc30

Post by albertc30 »

Hello to all.

I am new here and have just been considering the CX-3 for the last couple of days.

Having seen on on a parking lot,, it realy struck a cord and going tomorrow to the dealer to see more.

My mind was set on the already tested CHR toyotta but the CS-3 top spec comes at £4k less and it really stands out.

One thing I'm not entirely sure is the I-Stop! The wear and tear of it.

Also, can't find on the settings on mazdas website if the mirrors are auto fold and it there's a panoramic roof or sun roof at all.

Many thanks to all.

Albert

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

I -Stop can be turned on or off if you wish. I had it on a Renault Captur and it was pretty poor at working at all. If you have the climate control on it probably won't cut in. Remember you've got a three year warranty and Mazda engines have a great reputation! ☺
Last edited by tyrfelin on Tue May 30, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

New version ( due late Summer) will have auto mirrors but tbh you can fold or unfold them by turning a small knob on the driver's door!
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Roof is standard in some countries on higher models but the only option in the UK is a more sophisticated safety pack. I love the car exactly as it is - Sport Nav with a great 2.0 litre petrol engine and six speed manual gearbox!!!! ☺
albertc30

Post by albertc30 »

Been to the dealer and had a test drive on a 1.5 diesel and I was NOT disappointed one bit. Even my wife was very impressed. And the price tag is very attractive in comparison with the CHR Toyota.

They did say there's a new model "facelift" coming out at the end of this month. Any one know what the changes will be? Panoramic roof maybe? Electric hand brake?

I'm expecting a call back from the dealer as they have a brand new gray 2.0 petrol Sports Nav and, as they have given so much away, with it being another newer model coming out, I pointed out we could go for the one in stock for the right price. Sorry, but I used to be a salesman before so one must haggle the price a bit.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Albert and welcome to the forum.

The facelift model has colour HUD, heated steering wheel, autofolding door mirrors and I think also the g-vectoring steering. Also I heard it has passenger seat height adjustment.
I managed to buy a new pre-registered manual petrol Sport Nav that had done 59 miles from the dealer for just under £17,500. That was a saving of almost £4,000 on list price. Worth a bit of haggling.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

tyrfelin wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:15 pm New version ( due late Summer) will have auto mirrors but tbh you can fold or unfold them by turning a small knob on the driver's door!
As said elsewhere on this site, the auto folding mirrors are well worth it for just the safety and security benefits.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
santa

Post by santa »

Strangways wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 am Hi Albert and welcome to the forum.

The facelift model has colour HUD, heated steering wheel, autofolding door mirrors and I think also the g-vectoring steering. Also I heard it has passenger seat height adjustment.
I managed to buy a new pre-registered manual petrol Sport Nav that had done 59 miles from the dealer for just under £17,500. That was a saving of almost £4,000 on list price. Worth a bit of haggling.
To add to those things, I believe with the updated CX-3 you also get electric front seats with memory on the drivers seat when you upgrade to the white leather seats. I've even seen brown nappa leather advertised in Norway and Sweden besides the white leather.

Handbrake is still old school and non-electric.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Plenty of articles are out there explaining the updates due - BUT the car is already really good. I suggest going to test drive the current model to get a feel of it. You won't be disappointed!! Must disagree about self-folding mirrors. The current ones are absolutely fine and SAFE!!!! No electric handbrake mentioned anywhere!
Gus

Post by Gus »

santa wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm Handbrake is still old school and non-electric.
Just like me, which is probably why I don't trust electric hand brakes :D

Oh and the air-con works on the new models :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.