Hi from West Yorkshire

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Monica_UK

Post by Monica_UK »

Hi everyone,

I will soon be the proud new owner of a Mazda CX-3 :D As soon as I saw the car I fell in love with it!

The car will be used by me and my sister. Done a lot of research about the car and size was the main issue in most reviews. After finally seeing the car in real life it was actually bigger than i expected. We are both 5"10 and i could fit in the back seat.

Went to the dealer beginning of May with the intention of buying the car and having it in 2 weeks time. We were told they had just been informed about the new model coming out soon. This was a bummer as it meant we have to wait even longer, but happy to be getting the new model with the colour head-up display :D

We placed our order on the 18th of May for a Sport Nav 2WD in Soul Red with manual gearbox, black interior and the safety pack. We were told the earliest delivery date would be end of July/beginning of August :(

Can't wait to finally get my dream car in July/August.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Welcome Monica, brilliant choice of car and colour but I am biased :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Biased too. You'll love it.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Gus, as you bought your CX-3 at exactly the same time as we did, have you now got the same darker colour soul red front and rear crumple zones as we have? So far on this forum, we seem to be the only ones with this unique feature!
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Welcome to the forums Monica.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Monica_UK

Post by Monica_UK »

GeeJam wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 pm Gus, as you bought your CX-3 at exactly the same time as we did, have you now got the same darker colour soul red front and rear crumple zones as we have? So far on this forum, we seem to be the only ones with this unique feature!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. When I said I wanted Soul Red he didn't mention anything about this. Perhaps a call to the dealer is required to ask about this ;)
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Monica_UK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:22 pm
GeeJam wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 pm Gus, as you bought your CX-3 at exactly the same time as we did, have you now got the same darker colour soul red front and rear crumple zones as we have? So far on this forum, we seem to be the only ones with this unique feature!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. When I said I wanted Soul Red he didn't mention anything about this. Perhaps a call to the dealer is required to ask about this ;)
Sorry for the confusion Monica. You can't actually specify different shades of Soul Red for your new car. My question was to Gus as I understand that the first CX-3's to hit the UK comprised of body panels (metal) sprayed at a different location to where the crumple zones (plastic) were sprayed. This resulted in a noticeable difference in shade - particularly with models in Soul Red and Dynamic Blue. I believe Mazda have now solved the problem and your CX-3 should arrive painted all over in one identical colour. Trust this helps.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Welcome

Fingers crossed it'll come early 😀
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Welcome to the forum