New Forum Member.

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Slaphead

Post by Slaphead »

Hi, just joined the Forum.

Currently own a Yeti 2L diesel which is now 4 years old. Love it and it has been totally faultless but due to "Dieselgate" it will not be replaced by a VAG vehicle.

I recently owned an MX5 as my fun car and always was impressed with the quality and reliability of it. The CX3 is currently to of the list of potential replacements for the Yeti. Almost certainly it will be a petrol with manual gearbox.

I have joined the Forum to get an insight into the member's feelings about the CX3 and any failings or problems that are cropping up.
Regards, Slaphead.

Currently owning a Yeti and an SLK as my fun car.

RX-3

Post by RX-3 »

Petrol 2ltr petrol (109kw) manual owner here, after nearly 6mths ownership our CX-3 is faultless, very pleased with our choice and great value too.
2017 CX-3 Maxx 2.0L 6sp Man FWD - Deep Crystal Blue Mica
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Had a 2 litre petrol Sport for a year and enjoyed it but changed it for the auto which I absolutely love.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

I can't recommend the cx3 petrol auto enough. Styling ✔️ performance ✔️ economy ✔️ handling ✔️ X factor ✔️ reliability ✔️ equipment ✔️. Only down sides cost ❌boot space ❌ rear seat space ❌ road noise ❌ air con reliability ❌.

To me the ❌ I can live with others couldn't.

But the ✔️ r really impressive in class.

One word of advice tho. Go automatic it is such a sweet box.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
slideboy

Post by slideboy »

I have the Sports-nav Auto, this has to be the best car I have ever owned, and I have had a lot of cars from mini's to mercs. The only downside is I enjoy driving it so much, I find excuses to go places so my milage and fuel bills have gone up considerably. Good mpg tho getting approx 42MPG over the last year.
CX-3 SportsNav auto meteor Grey PS120
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Welcome to the forum Slaphead. I too was drawn to the CX-3 having owned four MX5s (and still own one). Overall I wasn't disappointed, the CX-3 is almost as fun to drive as the MX5. I only wish they hadn't de-rated the engine and had left it at the 160 BHP of the MX5. I know BBR offer a tuning kit to bring it back, but that will void the warranty. Never mind it is still a good package and I'm glad I bought it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Slaphead

Post by Slaphead »

Thanks for the helpful comments folks.
Regards, Slaphead.

Currently owning a Yeti and an SLK as my fun car.