NEW OWNER CX3GT

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
TAX

Post by TAX »

Hi there, I picked up my new car last Friday, a CX3GT in Ceramic Metallic.

After 10 years in a tech free Nissan Note and Toyota Hilux pick up ( fabulous machine, I am keeping it) I now have to get used to all the gadgets, beeps and flashing lights on the Mazda and learn not to spill coffee on the leather upholstery.

Its a petrol auto and so far I like it a lot. The sales dept. at Leeds eventually located the car for me and were friendly, helpful and efficient.

I love the clarity of the digital radio and the bose sound system is excellent. The heads-up display is pure theatre, and I am fascinated by it.
The ride is a bit harsh on the 18" wheels, but I will experiment with tyre pressures to see if I can soften things up a bit, but all in all it is a vast improvement on the Nissan and it is a smart looking machine. It stands out from the herd, but it is not too over-designed or blingy,

The only things I miss so far are the dozens of storage pockets to dump all my nonsense in that both the Nissan and the pick up are equipped with and a centre armrest. Mazda quoted £170-ish to supply and fit one, but I think it would make using the screen controller difficult.

I've browsed around the forum a bit, and congratulations and thanks to those who offer hints, opinions and advice. I hope to be able to do the same myself.

p.s. Is it really true that the doors do NOT self lock when driving off ??.... and if so, is there a simple hack or way of overriding that.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Yes it's true Tax, the doors do not auto self-lock as you drive off. Oh, and more importantly, welcome to our CX3 forum. You're right, there's some knowledgeable owners here whom share solutions and have high respect from many of us - especially JT to name but one.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi TAX, and welcome to the forums.

I got my CX-3 from JCT600 in Leeds. I had an incredibly difficult time trying to find a CX-3 automatic to test drive, but eventually found that JCT600 had an ex-demonstrator for sale which I test drove and then purchased. I get all my servicing etc done at a Mazda/Ford/Peugeot dealership local to me.

Be careful when altering the inflation of the tyres, as it can cause abnormal tyre wear, and also may upset the vehicle's tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS).

No official way to make the doors self-lock on U.K. models. There may be a gizmo out there that some accessory manufacturer has come up with that could be wired-up via OBD-II port to do the job, but I've not Google'd it as it's not a feature I'm interested in having.

(Thanks for your kind words, GeeJam).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Gus

Post by Gus »

Greetings Tax, just wait until it's dark and the adaptive lighting when you go round bends, you will go cross eyed, still tickles me after two years :)
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've just been reading some of a long and complicated thread over on the Mazda 3 Revolution forums, where a member in Moscow has been advising Mazda 3 owners how they can reprogram the Rear Body Control Module using a modified ELM unit and FORScan software to enable features such as the auto door locking.

The Mazda 2 and CX-3 don't have the RBCM module but have a Body Control Module (H-CAN) so the procedure is likely to be similar. I haven't read the whole thread and so, as yet, I don't know if anyone with a CX-3 has tried it and succeeded.
Julian.
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TAX

Post by TAX »

I've just been reading some of a long and complicated thread over on the Mazda 3 Revolution forums, where a member in Moscow has been advising Mazda 3 owners how they can reprogram the Rear Body Control Module using a modified ELM unit and FORScan software to enable features such as the auto door locking.

The Mazda 2 and CX-3 don't have the RBCM module but have a Body Control Module (H-CAN) so the procedure is likely to be similar. I haven't read the whole thread and so, as yet, I don't know if anyone with a CX-3 has tried it and succeeded.
That's interesting, and kudos to those brave enough to delve into the bowels of their cars electronic systems in search of fixes, but it looks rather complicated for the average owner. Being somewhat traditional and much preferring mechanical solutions to electrical ones, I will for the time being reprogramme myself to remember to flick the door lock on when driving off. :)

BTW, are UK cars built in Japan or Thailand?
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

TAX wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:16 am. . .BTW, are UK cars built in Japan or Thailand?

Both, because of Mazda's swing production. If your VIN starts J it's Japan, if it starts ML-MR Thailand.
See: Where are UK CX3s Manufactured?
Julian.
TAX

Post by TAX »

Thanks, mines MM so its from Thailand.
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Don't get me started on Auto Locking, major omission
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
TAX

Post by TAX »

Peter55, I note from your signature that you have had an armrest fitted, does it it any way make it awkward to use the rotary controller?
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.