Newbie with a couple of queries

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Hi all,

Took delivery of my 2 year old (65) CX3 Sport Nav petrol in Titanium and love it, looks different from all the rest out there.
Before I call the dealer on Monday, just wondering if anyone could help with the following, as the 2" thick manual is hard work!

1. Folding door mirrors - is there a setting that would set the mirrors to fold in once the car is locked?

2. I know the car unlocks automatically when I walk towards it, but does it lock when I walk away or do I have to use the fob?

3. When I was on the run out, I deliberately went over some white lines but no warning from the lane departure system was seen/heard - there is a switch on the bottom right of the dashboard, but it wasn't switched off.

4. Are there front parking sensors, as I was about 1" from the car park wall with no audible warning - again, is this right?

From reading the manual there are so many features listed, I do not know if my car is fitted with high beam control, smart brake support, blind spot monitoring etc etc - when I had my BMW there was a website that listed all the factory options.

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being an active participant in this forum.
2016 2.0 Sport Nav Manual, Titanium Mica

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Quoman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:19 pm Hi all,

Took delivery of my 2 year old (65) CX3 Sport Nav petrol in Titanium and love it, looks different from all the rest out there.
Before I call the dealer on Monday, just wondering if anyone could help with the following, as the 2" thick manual is hard work!

1. Folding door mirrors - is there a setting that would set the mirrors to fold in once the car is locked?

2. I know the car unlocks automatically when I walk towards it, but does it lock when I walk away or do I have to use the fob?

3. When I was on the run out, I deliberately went over some white lines but no warning from the lane departure system was seen/heard - there is a switch on the bottom right of the dashboard, but it wasn't switched off.

4. Are there front parking sensors, as I was about 1" from the car park wall with no audible warning - again, is this right?

From reading the manual there are so many features listed, I do not know if my car is fitted with high beam control, smart brake support, blind spot monitoring etc etc - when I had my BMW there was a website that listed all the factory options.

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being an active participant in this forum.
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase. I'll try to answer your questions :-

1. You need to purchase the auto folding mirror kit which a Mazda dealer can supply and fit. This is the item
https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/a ... 850V7650A/

2. I don't quite understand your question. With the smart keyless system, it will lock the car automatically if you walk far enough away. The car won't then unlock until you go back and press the button on the door handle.

3. LDWS won't operate in certain circumstances, far too many to mention here. The manual has them all detailed :) One of them is if the white lines aren't very clear - something only too common in the state of many UK roads nowadays! Also, I think if you cross the white line at a very gentle angle it won't necessarily trigger the LDWS.

4. Front parking sensors aren't standard. You'll need to purchase the accessory and have a Mazda dealer fit it. This is the item https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/a ... 860V7285A/

Regarding other features you mention, SCBS was standard on the SE-L and Sports Nav models according to the Nov 2015 brochure. High Beam Control, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert weren't availalbe until an optional Safety Pack was offered in early in 2016. This had to be purchased as part of the car build i.e. it isn't available as any kind of accessory extra.

You can always download a pdf copy of the User Manual as it is far easier to navigate, especially with search facility on your usual pdf reader. See this Mazda site https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/p ... d-manuals/
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Thank you very much for your reply it is much appreciated. If I haven't got the options that's fine, I just didn't want to have them and not utilise them. Cheers !!
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Stupid question again, with regard to the folding mirrors I assume they fold automatically when the car is locked and no other action is required (i.e. double click on fob etc)??
TAX

Post by TAX »

With the smart keyless entry system, the folding mirrors will only auto fold when you walk away from the car if the electric mirror switch on the drivers door armrest is in its middle or auto position, depending on which kind of switch you have. I had to call the dealership to figure this out.

As you walk away from the car, first the doors lock, the turn indicators flash and there is a beep, then a few seconds later the indicators flash again, there is another beep and the mirrors fold in.

The handbook is very confusing on this and on many other of the cars systems and toys. It has been poorly written or translated.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
santa

Post by santa »

You can see if You have BSM by looking at the side mirrors; in the upper-outer corner there's a slight difference in the glass, this is where the BSM will light up. If You ahve BSM You also have RCTA (as they use the same radars in the rear bumpers).
If You have Highbeam control, there should be an option to turn it on/off in the settings in the infotainment system (a long with a setting for SCBS).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

TAX wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 am
As you walk away from the car, first the doors lock, the turn indicators flash and there is a beep, then a few seconds later the indicators flash again, there is another beep and the mirrors fold in.
Not quite right, the first beep simply says that all the doors are shut and if you walk out of the sensor zone the car will lock (that's the second beep). If you don't hear the first beep then the doors remain unlocked even though you have wandered off - that's why the folding mirror option is a good visual sign. If they're folded in the doors are locked.

It's all on page 3-14 under the Note, Auto-lock function of my 2015 manual.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Hi Quoman, simply treat all the CX3's myriad array of functions like a high end graphic equaliser. No one can give you the optimum set up as it's all down to personal taste. Keep tweeking, exploring, adjusting and - if like us after 2-years - you'll have your CX-3 just as you want it. We love ours.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Quoman

Post by Quoman »

Thanks all for your replies - found out the "walk away" locking feature was turned off so had to alter it in Settings. I just didn't want to have something fitted and not be aware, especially if it's been turned off!!
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Mirrors on Sport Nav fold/unfold when switched using knob on door (sorry if you've already been told) ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White