New here and to Mazda

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Everyone's different when it comes to their likes and dislikes of the CX-3.

None of the points zoylander posted bother/ effect me. The 'updates/improvements' I'm waiting for are auto locking on drive off, sunroof, infotainment issues fixed.

Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

rockposer wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 am Everyone's different when it comes to their likes and dislikes of the CX-3.

None of the points zoylander posted bother/ effect me. The 'updates/improvements' I'm waiting for are auto locking on drive off, sunroof, infotainment issues fixed.
Those and Auto Handbrake would keep me in the fold for sure

I’ve been looking and there’s nothing out there that comes anywhere near the CX 3 for looks, features and value
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

zoylander wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 am Take a long hard look at the interior. There is no front parcel shelf, the air vents are set too low, the door pockets are too small and the master control for the multifunction screen is inconveniently located in front of the handbrake, which is on the wrong side for a RHD car. Strange when the Japanese also drive on the left......

Listen as well as look. If possible include a stretch of motorway in your test drive and turn the radio on. Can you hear it at normal volume over the tyre noise which already drowns out a commendably quiet engine and transmission? I doubt it. Some people might say live with it. I say why should you?

Unless you need to change cars right now, I would wait for the inevitable facelifted replacement and see whether Mazda has addressed any of the above issues. If not, look elsewhere.
Never heard such wining before. Really everyone is different tolerances but road noise is really not that intrusive. Main choice is trim level, diesel / petrol, auto / manual and colour all depends on your desires. But have a 24hr test drive n judge road noise for yourself.
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I speak as I find. This is a CX-3 forum not a CX-3 fan club.
The car has many positives. It is good looking. The 2.0 petrol engine is smooth, powerful and economical. The automatic gearbox is the best in it's class. The handling is a joy, but don't let us gloss over the negatives. The interior is an ergonomic disaster. Other manufacturers have managed to combine good handling with a quiet comfortable ride. Why can't Mazda?
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.